• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Greensboro Sports page post on Wake / Buzz

Now seeing Chairman Ron go with Buzzdick would be something worth celebrating regardless of who we hired. I realize the chances of that happening are close to 0.00%.

Regarding the comment (more specifically Wellman wanting to keep Buzz): to keep Buzz, you'd have to extend him (no recruit will come here for a coach on his last year of a contract)... which means if he does poor next year, we'd STILL have a contract to buy out. Whether we fire him this year or next, we'd have to pay out money. This is the bed we've made for ourselves...

Regarding the comment (more specifically Wellman wanting to keep Buzz): to keep Buzz, you'd have to extend him (no recruit will come here for a coach on his last year of a contract)... which means if he does poor next year, we'd STILL have a contract to buy out. Whether we fire him this year or next, we'd have to pay out money. This is the bed we've made for ourselves...

I don't think this happens, but you could always extend for two years but set the guaranteed money and buyout at $0. Wake doesn't have to disclose that info.

How much would the Wellman buyout be?

If this were to be true Wellman gets a pretty good idea of what the BOT thinks of him.

I hate to say this, but if this most recent scoop turns out to be bullshit the OP should be banned.

It would be great if there is a full scale mutiny in the Athletic Department. Finally the dictator is being overthrown and his underlings are aligning themselves with the booster so they don't get shit canned too. Wellman is just sitting in his office like Bud Kilmer at the end of Varsity Blues.

"Lets Go Lets Go You guys are gonna have to trust me, Lets Go." - No one is following you Wellman, no one!

1eFzRO.gif

the site has not proven to be credible on WFU sports. I wouldn't get too excited about its reporting or who comments on there.

It would be great if there is a full scale mutiny in the Athletic Department. Finally the dictator is being overthrown and his underlings are aligning themselves with the booster so they don't get shit canned too. Wellman is just sitting in his office like Bud Kilmer at the end of Varsity Blues.

"Lets Go Lets Go You guys are gonna have to trust me, Lets Go." - No one is following you Wellman, no one!

1eFzRO.gif

wellman's been pulling the oop-dee-oop on us for 4 years now

How much would the Wellman buyout be?

If this were to be true Wellman gets a pretty good idea of what the BOT thinks of him.

I don't think there would be a buyout for Wellman. He's not employed by a set term employment contract, but would serve only as long as his employer desires him. It would only be a buyout of Bzz's meager one year remaining contract.

All the BSD guys are saying something is coming down the pike.

I'm not saying it's not gonna happen and I hope it does, I'm just waiting for more credible sources on what's happening, and I put almost zero stock in the anonymous comment..

I'm not saying it's not gonna happen and I hope it does, I'm just waiting for more credible sources on what's happening, and I put almost zero stock in the anonymous comment..

BSD guys are credible.

(well, the non-Mundy ones)

Back