• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any BOT on this board or anyone here talk to a Board of Trustee member?

* Wellman must go.
* But *
** What about the lackluster football program that is ruining talent and allowing (if not fostering) apathy? ** Should we all just get over it since the season is now over and focus on basketball because that is the current sport? **

And also:
* It seems to me that a letter campaign would be similar to sending Mr. and Mrs. Obama a wedding invitation and expecting them to come because you pay taxes and you voted for Dem this election. * * Into the shred pile and no effect whatsoever.*

* If the BOT/Wellman/Hatch/whoever can ignore the national commentary and overwhelming cries from the fans and sports figures in the industry, why would a letter really affect them? * *#blaringincompetence* *#foolishcontentment * * #cronyism *

Multiple emails from a variety of persons to board members who had their addresses posted on a message board will not be received well. A few well drafted emails with factual support would be better.

Multiple emails from a variety of persons to board members who had their addresses posted on a message board will not be received well. A few well drafted emails with factual support would be better.

Isn't knowing the facts part of Wellman's job? He knows them, he chooses to ignore them. Apparently, Hatch does the same.

The way change takes form at a board level, that isn't executive led, is usually a single board member with a clear thought and clear support slowly working on a 1 on 1 basis to recruit other members to their position. *

If the board members can't look at the product and figure it out, then we're in huge trouble. Politics may make them wait for Wellman to do or say something, then Hatch....but it's obvious there's an issue. Lots of emails should clue them into at least looking.

If not...the best choice might be then to pressure the media and embarrass them....the tarnished reputation route. That's what seemed to motivate them like jack rabbits to get rid of Dino. Heck, my opinion this entire time was that culture change meant getting rid of Irish/Italian catholic culture and replacing it with WASP. Wouldn't that be an embarrassment if someone in the media.......

Isn't knowing the facts part of Wellman's job? He knows them, he chooses to ignore them. Apparently, Hatch does the same.

Hatch and Wellman aren't on the Board. I was referring to contacting the board members and getting the questions to them.

Last edited:
While we're writing useless letters, we should all see if we can get our grandma's fried chicken recipe into the newspaper, wouldn't that be fun? :rulz: Bzz's fucking our school to the tune of a mil a year and i've got to waste stamps to get some numbskulls to fire his ass? I'd say it's time to resurrect that billboard idea.

Billboards take time. Has anyone thought about hiring one of those banner planes to fly around campus?

Doubt these folks are all that excited about canning a coach mid-season for all the obvious reasons plus all the additional bs it would require that would just have to be redone at the end of the year. In other words, a lot of work to just get to an interim coach.

I'd bet money their efforts are in maneuvering to have the money available to get a slam dunk hire at the end of the NCAA tournament or near the end of it.. At least that is what I hope they are doing. We need to come up with a $30 mil commitment over 8 years to get an elite coach, plus pay Bzd a little coin for (2 more years?). That is going to take the Board and supporters some work in and of itself. That is what they should be focusing on.

Doubt these folks are all that excited about canning a coach mid-season for all the obvious reasons plus all the additional bs it would require that would just have to be redone at the end of the year. In other words, a lot of work to just get to an interim coach.

I'd bet money their efforts are in maneuvering to have the money available to get a slam dunk hire at the end of the NCAA tournament or near the end of it.. At least that is what I hope they are doing. We need to come up with a $30 mil commitment over 8 years to get an elite coach, plus pay Bzd a little coin for (2 more years?). That is going to take the Board and supporters some work in and of itself. That is what they should be focusing on.

Is it really that much more trouble to name Battle as the interim for the rest of the season? I could do it right now with an email if I had the authority.

Who appoints/elects members of the BOT at Wake? I have no idea.

Let me give you an example of a guy that is at least a substantial donor to Wake athletics over the years. He has been a Deacon fan since he was a kid, is a former WFU athlete, and season ticket holder since the early 90's after graduating. He has 4 football tickets dead on the 50 and maybe the best seats in the stadium and, up until Buzzdumbass, had great basketball tickets until he chose not to renew after he arrived. He knew Buzz was an absurd hire so the heck with thsoe tickets. He has been a donor and fan to the level that he has ridden on the team planes with the players to away games and sat right next to Wellman. He could tell you who wore what number 20 years ago, and followed the teams with ferver. He has served on Deacon Club board several years. He never, ever missed watching a game on TV that was either an away game or one he couldn't be there for live. But, in the last 3 basketball seasons, he has not watched a total of one half of a basketball game on TV put together and has been to exactly zero games since Buzz came. And he can't name more than 4 players right now who are even on the team. That's how completely miserable the Buzz hire is. He has completely lost interest in the basketball program under Buzz. Completely. It's just so disgusting what the Buzz hire has done to the program. Yeah, you might say a real fan would stick with them and follow them anyway. You know the counter argument. And BTW, he has not given one penny to the Deacon Club since the Buzz hire, beyond the absolute minimum membership. That's his/my right. Obviously, I am describing myself but my point was do you realize how many more are just like me?? How many more "he's" there are? I know several of them myself. We have given gobs of money to the athletic department and supported them over the years, and even taken personal time to work on their behalf. We have always tried to do our best to help the school and the athletic teams we have loved for so long. Wellman hired the wrong guy. Ok, mistake made. They happen. But don't keep making it each season by bringing this guy back and decimating - what we have all chipped in to back - this program and athletic department just so you won't look like you fucked up. That ship has sailed. Wellman, you fucked up. Both you and Buzz stop the ridiculous excuses. It's embarrassing. Now either fix it now or there are gonna be enough like me who have stopped the $ and the attending games that you will go down with the ship. First. And it's my feel that it's going to happen and soon.

Who appoints/elects members of the BOT at Wake? I have no idea.

Most likely self perpetuating. The Board probably elects new members from candidates identified and presented to them by a nominating committee.

As mentioned in the previous posts, maybe someone wants to collect some of the letters from people and then compile them into one email with attachments so they may be sent to the appropriate people (BOT, boosters, school officials). Even if nothing is done immediately, it will help over time at the least.

Upper Level WF Management

President - Nathan Hatch, nhatch@wfu.edu
AD - Ronald Wellman, wellmanr@wfu.edu
Senior VP of Finance & Chief Financial Officer - Hof Milam, bhm@wfu.edu

Senior Advisary Counsil - Athletics
Doug Bland, blandwd@wfu.edu
Corey Jenkins, jenkinca@wfu.edu

Board of Trustees
BOT Chair, Donald Flow, No email so go buy a car and tell him your thoughts on Wake
BOT Vice-Chair - Bobby R. Burchfield, bburchfield@mwe.com
BOT Secretary, WFU General Counsel, Senior VP of School - J. Reid Morgan, jrm@wfu.edu
BOT Member - Deborah D. Lambert, dlambert@johnsonlambert.com
BOT Member - W. Louis Bissette, Jr., lbissette@mwbavl.com
BOT Member - Jocelyn Burton, jburton@burtonemploymentlaw.com
BOT Member - Peter C. Brockway, pbrockway@brockwaymoran.com
BOT Member - John R. Lowden, jrlowden@newcastle-partners.com
BOT Member - James T. Williams, jwilliams@brookspierce.com
BOT Member - David W. Dupree, ddupree@thehalifaxgroup.com
I'm sure there are more BOT emails available but these are what I have thus far

Please be considerate with these email addresses if you choose to contact these people and keep it short. These email addresses were all found through a simple Google search. ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES ARE THEIR BUSINESS EMAILS so keep that in mind and try to limit individual emails. Instead, please collect a bunch of peoples' letters then send them one or two rather than making them sift through a lot of them.

impressive

Very interesting thread, I'm encouraged that folks more in the know are sharing their perspectives and insights. If CJ and Travis don't put out better effort then even Wellman can't save Bz.

Let me give you an example of a guy that is at least a substantial donor to Wake athletics over the years. He has been a Deacon fan since he was a kid, is a former WFU athlete, and season ticket holder since the early 90's after graduating. He has 4 football tickets dead on the 50 and maybe the best seats in the stadium and, up until Buzzdumbass, had great basketball tickets until he chose not to renew after he arrived. He knew Buzz was an absurd hire so the heck with thsoe tickets. He has been a donor and fan to the level that he has ridden on the team planes with the players to away games and sat right next to Wellman. He could tell you who wore what number 20 years ago, and followed the teams with ferver. He has served on Deacon Club board several years. He never, ever missed watching a game on TV that was either an away game or one he couldn't be there for live. But, in the last 3 basketball seasons, he has not watched a total of one half of a basketball game on TV put together and has been to exactly zero games since Buzz came. And he can't name more than 4 players right now who are even on the team. That's how completely miserable the Buzz hire is. He has completely lost interest in the basketball program under Buzz. Completely. It's just so disgusting what the Buzz hire has done to the program. Yeah, you might say a real fan would stick with them and follow them anyway. You know the counter argument. And BTW, he has not given one penny to the Deacon Club since the Buzz hire, beyond the absolute minimum membership. That's his/my right. Obviously, I am describing myself but my point was do you realize how many more are just like me?? How many more "he's" there are? I know several of them myself. We have given gobs of money to the athletic department and supported them over the years, and even taken personal time to work on their behalf. We have always tried to do our best to help the school and the athletic teams we have loved for so long. Wellman hired the wrong guy. Ok, mistake made. They happen. But don't keep making it each season by bringing this guy back and decimating - what we have all chipped in to back - this program and athletic department just so you won't look like you fucked up. That ship has sailed. Wellman, you fucked up. Both you and Buzz stop the ridiculous excuses. It's embarrassing. Now either fix it now or there are gonna be enough like me who have stopped the $ and the attending games that you will go down with the ship. First. And it's my feel that it's going to happen and soon.

Hershel Walker is a member of our fanbase, ladies and gentlemen.

Back