• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any transfers?

n1b47n.png

Typically lsazy BS...also posted Welcome Rondale and praised his choice....but don't let that get in your way.

So, bascially I am free to call you an awful excuse for a human being as long as I praise your decision to get out of bed today. Got it. Facepalm

Please God lock this thread. Let's not hold up good kids for ridicule.

Let the coach find the bathroom and let this play itself out without talking about specific players.

Rondale

'Dre can be a contributor, especially with some work with a good big man coach. He showed some flashes last year. Still needs to add strength which should come naturally. Should be a redshirt soph this year, and could have contributed more as he got older.

What is the extent of the evaluation/interaction that Manning is permitted with the current roster? The season is over, and there are restrictions on coaches observing scrimmages and off-season workouts. Obviously, Manning can meet with the current players and watch tape, but what opportunities will Manning have with the players and vice versa for the coach and players to know whether to stay or seek other alternatives before the next academic year?

In football, coaches and players have Spring practice to determine whether to stay or not, but there is such equivalent for hoop.

Washington effectively redshirted when he reclassified in high school. Not sure Manning will be able to help that much.

What is the extent of the evaluation/interaction that Manning is permitted with the current roster? The season is over, and there are restrictions on coaches observing scrimmages and off-season workouts. Obviously, Manning can meet with the current players and watch tape, but what opportunities will Manning have with the players and vice versa for the coach and players to know whether to stay or seek other alternatives before the next academic year?

In football, coaches and players have Spring practice to determine whether to stay or not, but there is such equivalent for hoop.

I think you're right. He'll watch a lot of tape over the next couple of weeks. Jeff Battle is such a class guy that I'm sure if Manning reached out to him that Jeff would share his insights.

I wouldn't be surprised if Manning reached out to and may even keep Chill. It would be wise for Chill to reach out to Manning to give some insights.

I thought there were exceptions when you have a new coach. Could be making that up though...

Tree and Jones should be the ones that leave, but I don't think Tree is going anywhere. With Danny Manning as the hire, I don't see any of them leaving on their own accord. Manning should most definitely encourage 1-2 of them to move on. Daniel Green would be a good one to move to a new situation as well. We can't keep burning a scholarship on the training table.

If we were to move on from Jones, Tree, and Green that would leave us:

2015: No one
2016: Cav, Thomas, Moto, CMM, Washington (We lose Tree, Jones, Green)
2017: Overton
2018: McClinton, Mitchell, Watson

That would leave us 4 open scholarships for next year, with 5 more opening the year after that. Manning could remake the roster pretty quickly with that kind of flexibility. Without transfers were are pretty much screwed on the recruiting trail. One open scholarship for the next 2 years. Not good.

I would not be shocked to see Daniel graduate. That would give us two for next year. I think that's very manageable and a good place to start. It gives us the ability to do everything we can to lock up Giles and build that class.

I would not be shocked to see Daniel graduate. That would give us two for next year. I think that's very manageable and a good place to start. It gives us the ability to do everything we can to lock up Giles and build that class.

Can you clear this up? It's ok to suggest a player might try to graduate but not ok to suggest a player might try to transfer? Ok, thanks.

In that case, I hope a few of our players try to graduate. *wink wink*

The best part of that thread is that it's not just the title where RJ goes after Rondale. RJKOMEDIAN breaks loose at one point.

DemanDeac: Yes we did and I just watched him play against our guys and he is the best guard I have seen that we were recruiting with the possible exception of Robert Johnson and that would be a close call
RPZDeacon: Who else were we recruiting?
rjkarl: John Belushi, Generalissimo Fransisco Franco, Tupac, Biggie and me.

BUT THEN LATER HE WELCOMED RONDALE SO EVERYTHING'S COOL, NO WORRIES

Can you clear this up? It's ok to suggest a player might try to graduate but not ok to suggest a player might try to transfer? Ok, thanks.

In that case, I hope a few of our players try to graduate. *wink wink*

:rofl:

If a redshirt junior has been given 4 years, graduates, and is asked to move on (which I think it what rj is suggesting with Green), that's very different to me than asking him to leave after 2 or 3 years. If they've done well academically at Wake I think it's unfair if they wind up getting their degree at UNCW.

now that we have changed coaches, the next most important thing for our program is too ask 2 or 3 players to go elsewhere. There is no sugarcoating it, we have to have those open scholarships.

Back