• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any transfers?

That's not slamming him. That's telling the truth. He LEARNED to to take shots outside of 3' and improved.

I don't see how discussing who might transfer if [Redacted] is fired is any different than discussing who might transfer now that we have a new coach.

I'm not pushing for anyone to go. I'm just asking. It's clear we need some additional scholarships for Manning to bring in his own style players.

I don't see how discussing who might transfer if [Redacted] is fired is any different than discussing who might transfer now that we have a new coach.

I'm not pushing for anyone to go. I'm just asking. It's clear we need some additional scholarships for Manning to bring in his own style players.

I'm pushing. It would be better for the players and for Wake. Nobody wants to sit the bench for 2 years, and that is what Tree and Jones are looking at. They should transfer now while they can retain 2 years of eligibility. AFter they play this year almost no one is going to want to spend a wasted year to get one year. Now is the time for Jones and Tree to move on. It makes sense for their careers and it makes sense for Wake Forest. Hopefully someone will explain that to them.

Here's the thing. Some of these guys may like Wake as much as they like basketball. It's obvious they are not going to the next level, so a bit part in the new Manning program and a Wake Forest degree may appeal to them. Do you really want to transfer to East Tennessee State to get more minutes? Honor their scholarship if they choose to stay. Manning only has tape to look at. He won't really know what to tell them until he works with them. I don't expect any transfers.

There might be one or two transfers but I doubt it.. I do understand that it would open us up a little more if Danny could get a few pics and not have a 7 man class of recruits.

Is the sound not working on those clips for anyone else?

I mean, "Discuss Wake Athletics Freely" and all that, but we're all just basically listing over and over again the 2-3 scholarship players who don't play a whole lot anyway. Of course they're "candidates" to transfer under DM, but for the same reasons they would've been under [Redacted]. I for one hope they stay and hope DM shapes them into ACC-caliber rotation players, because I'm tired of losing and because transferring sucks generally and should not wished (or projected) for anyone IMHO.

During recruitment of a seventh player to a class. Then completely supported him once he was a Deac.....Again just tell the part that suits you.

The irony is that Cav was a legitimate prospect at the time. Definitely more deserving of a scholarship, at the time, than Madison and Andre, and was probably ranked higher to a lot of folks than Devin Thomas and Aaron Rountree. #themoreyouknow

Fwiw, one of my closest friends played ball at UVA and now lives and coaches in jersey. He emailed me today about the hire. I said I hoped he could recruit well given his background. He told me that Manning is not charismatic at all and has never been a great salesman with kids. He's too introverted. He did think he was good coach but stressed that he's not a good recruiter and that we would need someone to help sell in the room. I really hope he's wrong or Manning has great assts.

If you think Green is about to graduate without getting back on the floor after everything he's been through you're nutz.

Fwiw, one of my closest friends played ball at UVA and now lives and coaches in jersey. He emailed me today about the hire. I said I hoped he could recruit well given his background. He told me that Manning is not charismatic at all and has never been a great salesman with kids. He's too introverted. He did think he was good coach but stressed that he's not a good recruiter and that we would need someone to help sell in the room. I really hope he's wrong or Manning has great assts.

Your friend is a Butthead.

I want them all to stay. I think they all can contribute. Actually they all had their moments this year. Maybe someone wil step up with the new staff. As a group they are tight, treating any one of them poorly will not make for good chemistry. It's one thing to be honest with guys about their roles, pt, etc. It is something else to run guys off.

This class is big but very close together. It wouldn't surprise me to see all of them stick together. If they don't want to leave, then I WANT them to be here.

Typically lsazy BS...also posted Welcome Rondale and praised his choice....but don't let that get in your way.

Yeah, after everybody gave you crap for being a hypocrite.

That's not slamming him. That's telling the truth. He LEARNED to to take shots outside of 3' and improved.

Dude, you said something "two years ago" and "that's it"...just pointing out you said something 2 months ago.

Reading is FUndAMEntal.

I want them all to stay. I think they all can contribute. Actually they all had their moments this year. Maybe someone wil step up with the new staff. As a group they are tight, treating any one of them poorly will not make for good chemistry. It's one thing to be honest with guys about their roles, pt, etc. It is something else to run guys off.

There is a fine line between being brutally honest and running a player off.

Back