• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone else hear Bill King's comments on Wellman's interview with Katz?

Buttermaker

Reaction score
Bill King (college sports talk radio guy on 24/7 - Sirius 91) said this morning he thought Wellman was "inarticulate" during his interview with Katz and said "nothing sane" in his effort to explain UVA and Louisville's seedings. FWIW.

Forgive me if mentioned in the selection thread.

Last edited:
The Katz interview was so awkward. Katz looked at him like he was nuts. Wellman is likely distracted by his self inflicted wound at Wake and tired, but it was a bad showing.

Shocking that his arrogant "I know more than you so just accept it" smug attitude doesn't work in the national media.

Bill King (college sports talk radio guy on Fox Sports, I think) said this morning he thought Wellman was "inarticulate" during his interview with Katz and said "nothing sane" in his effort to explain UVA and Louisville's seedings. FWIW.

Forgive me if mentioned in the selection thread.

UVa's seeding needs no explanation, Louisville on the other hand is inexplicable. The only explanation for the Louisville seed was just wanting to stick it to Wichita State.

wellman was getting roundly mocked on wfnz this morning

wfnz is local charlotte sports talk 94deac, so don't get your panties in a bunch. oh, charlotte is also in nc. :thumbsup:

My favorite thing about the Wellman/Katz interview is that they were sitting like 2 feet away from each other. They could have leaned in and kissed. I don't think I've ever had a conversation with someone with my face that close to theirs.

That interview further confirms why we're a total trainwreck of a program.

WFU taking another hit in the national media. The timing of him being the head of the committee could not be worse.

All these people screaming. I haven't heard Louisville complaining. The numbers don't really matter. The tourney is all about match ups. They probably like the teams they have to play. The toughest team in their bracket is Duke. And I know a team that just beat them a couple of weeks ago.

After watching that it is obvious what our problem is. I don't care if you're a liberal or conservative, I think we can all agree our government is screwed up because it is run by politicians. Our athletic department is screwed up because it is being run by a politician as well.

wellman was getting roundly mocked on wfnz this morning

wfnz is local charlotte sports talk 94deac, so don't get your panties in a bunch. oh, charlotte is also in nc. :thumbsup:

My wife called me this morning about this. Said that they were absolutely crushing Wellman. Made my day.

What about the answer Wellman gave about New Mexico, Gotlieb crushed him in prime time, Wellman basically said he had no idea why New Mexico was seeding so low

I think Louisville should have been a 2-3.... i think UVA deserves a 1 seed. Other than SMU getting snubbed, I thought the committee did a nice job

All these people screaming. I haven't heard Louisville complaining. The numbers don't really matter. The tourney is all about match ups. They probably like the teams they have to play. The toughest team in their bracket is Duke. And I know a team that just beat them a couple of weeks ago.

Louisville might prefer where they are as compared to some 3 seeds. I think Manhattan got the real injustice.

people on this board and the media are acting like Wellman is some evil mastermind/incompetent buffoon (depending on POV) who was solely responsible for all the seeding. Do people really think the chair of that committee has that much pull?

Back