• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone else hear Bill King's comments on Wellman's interview with Katz?

Can't get video to play but I assume Katz didn't ask about Wellman's coaching issues?

Do you think that was agreed upon or Katz is just a big pussy?

He did not. It's a 2-3 minute interview, so Katz decided to ask questions that 98% of CBB fans care about.

Yeah, asking if he's going to fire his coach on national TV is a total Butthead move.

I saw it live and it confirms what I already knew about Wellman: He does a great job of answering the question without actually answering the question. IrishSlim said the same thing in his Wellman article.

I saw it live and it confirms what I already knew about Wellman: He does a great job of answering the question without actually answering the question. IrishSlim said the same thing in his Wellman article.
Which is his job because he might disagree with some of what the committee decided to do. Louisville had a pretty bad OOC SOS...300....which is probably what hurt them. He should have just said that. UVa lost some tough games but played a harder schedule and the losses were to pretty good teams. And I think Louisville has a good draw myself. They aren't complaining that I've seen...everyone else is.

All in all...same type of responses we see every year from the committee head.

Which is his job because he might disagree with some of what the committee decided to do. Louisville had a pretty bad OOC SOS...300....which is probably what hurt them. He should have just said that. UVa lost some tough games but played a harder schedule and the losses were to pretty good teams. And I think Louisville has a good draw myself. They aren't complaining that I've seen...everyone else is.

All in all...same type of responses we see every year from the committee head.
I agree with most of this but Louisville fans are definitely complaining about a 4 seed. Committee head is a tough job for sure. There's always going to be controversy.

More succinctly, my beef with Wellman - which was reinforced with the recent Katz interview - is that he is not transparent. Instead of listing the reasons for Louisville as a 4 seed (e.g. 300 OOC SOS) he gave us canned red herrings such as 'you need to look at the entire season' and 'if you look at the other similarly-seeded teams, all of them are playing very well'.

Whether or not transparency is an important trait for a committee head (or athletic director) is debatable. IMO the perfect committee head conveys some level of transparency as it builds trust. #OTAB

Back