• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

anyone else losing hope?

Duncan

Reaction score
If it were going to happen, shouldn't it have happened by now? wouldn't the leaks have started? do we have to mentally prepare for buzz's return?

Not losing hope. He's going to get fired/resign. The timing is just annoying. If not today, it could drag on for another week (or more). And that is very annoying.

In order to lose it, one must have it. Hope was lost for me 4 years ago.

Give it til the end of the week, or whenever he gets back to Winston. If he wasn't the selection chair then I'd say worry away, but he's been slightly occupied elsewhere

If it were going to happen, shouldn't it have happened by now? wouldn't the leaks have started? do we have to mentally prepare for buzz's return?

MSD generally doesn't leak.

His annual resignation will be accepted this year. No need to fret about that. Fret over Wellman making the new hire.

Wellman only playing the Chinese torture on all who monitor these boards...His dastardly plans may preclude that no announcement be made until later in the week. If he is not fired, and hopefully Wellman would retire also, look for total hell to break loose!

someone disabled the link to the large buzz pic

http://onthejon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/[Redacted].jpg

pisses me off, Wellman prolonging the misery for everyone involved including [Redacted] and his family

Bzz is gone. Hope among hope that RW is now working to tie up the loose ends of the new hire.

Wellman has two "windows" in his NCAA tournament duties this week. Monday through Tuesday when the games in Dayton start. He should be there for some of them. Then Wednesday through Thursday noon when the real "second round" tournament games start. Looks like nothing is happening in the first window. Wellman should have time to meet with Bz on Wed pm or Thurs AM and still get to Raleigh for a noon tip off game (Duke - Mercer).

Put out a press release shortly after leaving campus to go to Raleigh. Then be "unavailable" until next Monday.

Not losing hope, but becoming even more convinced -- if that is at all possible -- of the idiocy and arrogance of Ron Wellman. Any other program with an ounce of self-respect, after enduring 4 years of abject futility, would make a point of firing the pathetic coach decisively at the end of the season, if not before, as a gesture of intolerance for such a low level of performance. VPI did this with their coach after just two such years. Wellman shows no such decisiveness and merely lets the parties involved and the fans twist in the wind indefinitely due to his own personal and petty whims. He has no method, or plan, involved in this, just his own ego and will.

I'm becoming convinced that this is all just a great long con by babydeac. Imagine it... press conference is announced, we are all ready for the nightmare to be over thanks to the encouragement of our one ray of hope, babydeac, but then an extension is announced. We're all stunned and then babydeac steps in front of the camera, rips off his mask and.... it's Steve Shutt! I can almost hear JR screaming "Oh my God!, I can't believe this!"

0c6460ac5f131e2e96be80ce29ad434ac8839abcfcabfc96cc20b6b2827242c2.jpg

Back