• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apt. Recommendations in Atlanta

To each his own, but just out of curiosity, why? And I'm very obviously not talking areas like Clayton, Douglasville, Conyers, Cartersville, etc.

I hate commuting/sitting in traffic. I will almost assuredly be working in Midtown or Downtown forever and my 2.1 mile "commute" is about as far as I am willing to go. Nevermind OTP, I can't see myself ever moving out of Ansley Park/Morningside. I also really like being able to walk to places to eat, shop (not as much, but Midtown is improving), and do things (Botanical Garden, Piedmont Park, High, etc.).

I hate commuting/sitting in traffic. I will almost assuredly be working in Midtown or Downtown forever and my 2.1 mile "commute" is about as far as I am willing to go. Nevermind OTP, I can't see myself ever moving out of Ansley Park/Morningside. I also really like being able to walk to places to eat, shop (not as much, but Midtown is improving), and do things (Botanical Garden, Piedmont Park, High, etc.).

yeah, but 94 gets to live in a cookie cutter mini mcmansion and drive around on his golf Kart!!

No way I would move OTP either. 6 lane streets with stoplights every 100 yards big box retail and Olive Gardens as far as the eye can see is my idea of hell.

Yeah, as long as I can afford I've gotten used to ITP life.

Fully understand. I only have to drive in 3 days a week and even then I'm leaving my house at 6am and at my office by 6.30. Then I leave at 4 so I have no traffic either way. But that's the one great thing about the Southside: traffic is never remotely what it is on the "big 3" up north. And as Moonz said, we get to go everywhere on golf carts. Plus, no crime, lots of nature/greenspace, top schools, solid property values; it's whitebred, apple-pie, patriotic, import-car snobbery at its finest. I should say (and in deference to TAB's "6-lane" observation), PTC is a little different than other OTP areas.

As an OTPer who has been going ITP to work for 25+ years, I like my OTP. What I do notice- and this is not directed at you- is that most of the ITPers who hate OTP never actually go there with any kind of frequency, if at all. I do both every week.

Yeah, maybe so, but at least I don't get jumped for not carrying weed!

Yeah, maybe so, but at least I don't get jumped for not carrying weed!

True. I moved from ATL after that happened it was one of the main reasons. That was like 15 years ago and Daveo and Big T were with me. You may have been in Chambodia when it happened.

Here is one difference. True story, last night I was working late and my wife called 911 to report hearing gunshots in the neighborhood and the 911 operator said they had already gotten calls and had cops on the way. I vaguely remember hearing gunshots on multiple occasions in Chambodia but don't ever remember cops being called.

Here is one difference. True story, last night I was working late and my wife called 911 to report hearing gunshots in the neighborhood and the 911 operator said they had already gotten calls and had cops on the way. I vaguely remember hearing gunshots on multiple occasions in Chambodia but don't ever remember cops being called.

Dude, you were the one firing. Not gonna call the cops on yourself.

Back