• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are Clawson and Ed Hardin right? Wake Football needs ASU series?

Carl Tacy was making $70K a year at a time when Dean Smith's salary was probably $125K.

Unc versus Virginia is longer, right?

UNC and UVa had their first meeting 1892, while Wake and State had their first meeting in 1895.

UNC and UVa have played every year since 1919, while Wake and State have played every year since 1910.

January 8th, 1987 was also another date that changed my life. It's the day I got my head stuck so far up my ass it took the jaws of life to remove it and my hair has never looked the same since.

That game was fun. Biff was wrong. We should play them regularly !

I still like the series, tough games or not. Wake is a unique football program and so is App State. Could definitely be a cool rivalry. Still beats picking a random team with a slightly better name and hoping they're having a down year.

January 8th, 1987 was also another date that changed my life. It's the day I got my head stuck so far up my ass it took the jaws of life to remove it and my hair has never looked the same since.
Man, what happened to this parody? Used to be really good. Just fell off a cliff.

When they were 1AA (or FCS), it made sense to avoid the rivalry since they are actually pretty decent at football. Now, not as much.

Embrace the regional rivalry.

Anyone who trashes App State academics should just go read the Tunnels. Or this thread for that matter. It's not like Wake is churning out intellectual titans left and right.

Yes, plus I hear that the temperature in Boone is three times above average.

So a fan spit on one of our players at halftime. Is this really the type of program with which we need to engage ?

One thing was sadly apparent today: we are not recruiting superior talent at the skill positions. How in the world do we expect to compete with the Clemsons and FSUs of the world if we can't out recruit App. State for QBs, RBs and WRs?

The Abbate INT game at UNC, we were spit on and had drinks and peanuts thrown at us as we were leaving Kenan.

We actually have hitched our wagon to the ACC, which is good for us. We choose to associate with these asshats when there are dozens of other teams we could play.

Back