• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you allergic to tree pollen?

bigdoublezero

Reaction score
My wife just took an allergy test and found out she's allergic to pollen from olive trees (Olea europaea), among a few other things. I always thought pollen allergies were more general than that, but I'm not allergic to anything, so I'm way out of my element.

If you are allergic to pollen, just curious if you happen to know which specific species of tree produce the pollen you're allergic to. Is that common knowledge for serious allergy sufferers?

I'm not, but big bro is really affected by oak and knows that specifically.

I'm battling pollen demons out here in Portland; not sure what, specifically, is doing it - officemate brought in lilac blooms the other day and they set me off, so apparently lilacs (among other things I'm sure).

I'm badly allergic to pollen from mulberry trees. Think most allergy sufferers know what specific type of pollen they're allergic to or at least have a good idea.

Mine are terrible this year. Finally got tested and it turns out I'm allergic to about everything. North Texas is one of the worst places if you are an allergy sufferer.

Shots are the way to go

I have almost never suffered from allergies before, but the past couple weeks have been brutal for me. So weird.

I have never had a real problem with pollen until this year. For some strange reason allergy symptoms hit me terribly hard early in the season. Doc gave me a scrip for Flonase and with once daily use I've been feeling great.

I'm allergic to tree pollen, grass, and flower pollen. Leaving NC helped my allergies a lot but they're still acting up now even in a big city.

numbers, do you know the kind of tree pollen, though? or did you never find out/are allergic to so much of it that it doesn't matter?

I'm allergic to so many trees, grasses, and pollens that my allergist didn't even bother to tell me which reaction was to what when I had my allergy testing. I think all I got was "Woah! You win the award for most allergies of the day!" She also generalized it to me being allergic to "mother nature."

I'm allergic to the season of Spring. Doesn't seem to matter where I'm located but I have terrible allergies for a month or two, sometime between February-May. For the rest of the year, popping a daily Claritin keeps me #stonglikebull

Never been tested for allergies, but the beginning of spring, I always have a week where I am bothered and then once that is over with, I am usually fine the rest of the year.

I'm allergic to the season of Spring. Doesn't seem to matter where I'm located but I have terrible allergies for a month or two, sometime between February-May. For the rest of the year, popping a daily Claritin keeps me #stonglikebull

Christ, you pop claritin year round?!

No allergies that I'm aware of. It's how I know it's ok for me to talk shit about white people.

Back