• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

are younger generation wake fans smarter than older?

Jroc25

Reaction score
I noticed some comments about how older wake fans havent't switched fully to #Buzzout movement. Is this bc they are more conservative or is it because they're dumber?
Please explain.

I consider old fans to be over 45

I noticed some comments about how older wake fans havent't switched fully to #Buzzout movement. Is this bc they are more conservative or is it because they're dumber?
Please explain.

Please tell me that you are not a Wake grad.

KenPom says that younger grads are smarter than older grads 64% of the time.

Ridiculous. Any ranking that has doofus above me is a broken system and not worth looking at. I'll give you my rankings when the season is over, but I might have to change them.

Given the increase in prestige, ranking, national reputation, and ability to recruit nationally and internationally over the last 20 years, this is a legit question. A lot of older alums have said that they wouldn't have gotten into modern Wake Forest.

Don't think this matters with respect to Bz though.

I'm a proud Wake alumnus but overstating Wake's academic standing is fruitless. Wake isn't even the most selective school in Winston-Salem.

I graduated in 2012, and I am not sure I would get into Wake now.

Of course more difficult admissions standards don't translate 100% into book smarts and book smarts sure as hell don't translate 100% into intelligence.

I think in general older people are more conservative than younger ones, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

I had wondered who you were. Not that I know everyone who graduated in 2012 by any means, but I figured I was bound to know any 2012 grad who posted on the boards a lot.

I had wondered who you were. Not that I know everyone who graduated in 2012 by any means, but I figured I was bound to know any 2012 grad who posted on the boards a lot.

Especially since I actually went to bball games 2010-2012. So, yeah, we actually know each other (Spanish ftl).

Yeah Spanish definitely FTL. Glad I got it out of the way during the summer but damn that was boring.

The Reff is the Alpha and the Omega of this question.

So. Umm. Yes.

Please explain.

Damn. I am official old (barely). Since the OP doesn't actually mention Wake grads but Wake fans, the question is actually do older fans have more patience with Buzz. I would say yes. Many still want him to go but overall I would expect he has a bigger support group among older fans. Myself not included.

Not sure they're dumber, but years of athletic frustration has given them both patience and LOWF expectations

Back