• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army v Navy

It will swing back around eventually, Army was pretty dominant for a stretch in the late 80's through the 90's I think.

This is right. They never won 13 in a row, but from 84-98, Navy only won 4 times. Navy dominated the 70s/early 80s though.

This is probably the greatest example of where coaching stands out more than talent. Both teams aren't necessarily signing more physically gifted players than the other. Niamatalolo is the first Navy coach to start 7-0 against Army. When he moves on, whoever comes next may not enjoy that success. Especially since most observers believe Army's coach is already making improvements.

I'm from a 4-generation USNA family so Navy's a way of life for us. That said, I do hate seeing Army lose simply because we're not talking about the average player and average school. These are guys facing rigors few can identify with and going on to things most couldn't make it through. It's #owg talk but Navy/Army is now my favorite college fball game.

Agreed. I am the son of a Marine officer so I always pull for Navy but I wish Army was more competitive.

A buddy of mine from high school was in the Navy and used to go around asking everyone if they knew what the MARINES was an acronym for.

My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment Sir!

Back