• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Assistant Coach Debate: One Chair, Three Assistant Coaches.

Yes, this guy has clearly put in his dues in a way that Childress just hasn't. 6 years as a student manager, 6 years as a DOBO, 2 years as an assistant.

Yep. And the idea that Danny Manning who spent four years as a team manager before becoming an assistant would just gift an assistant spot for Childress was ridiculous.

Looks like Manning's top assistant might be the favorite for the Tulsa job, which would leave two spots open, including the top chair.

Really hoping Chill gets the 3rd spot, although that should obviously be left to Manning's discretion.

I think this guy should be a pretty good DBO. He has 6 years of managing experience under Williams and Self plus 2 seasons as an assistant at San Francisco. Pretty good hire IMO. The assistant coaches are obviously more important, but this was a good first hire.

Because he tied their careers to that fucking looser [Redacted], Wellman owes Childress, Larue, and Battle some kind of job in the AD. Not on the Bench and hopefully they can each do better finding an assistant coaching position on their own, But Wellman owes them the back-up/financial security of some sort of position, because he might have completely screwed them by brining in a looser to be be their boss. That's what I think anyway.

Twitter is sometimes a silly indicator. Other times, it's right on the money.

FWIW, Childress is following both Manning and Bauman. They're both following him back. I bet he has a spot on the staff.

Last edited:
Twitter is sometimes a silly indicator. Other times, it's right on money.

FWIW, Childress is following both Manning and Bauman. They're both following him back. I bet he has a spot on the staff.

Interesting point. Neither one of those guys follow Rusty or Battle.

Twitter is sometimes a silly indicator. Other times, it's right on the money.

Yeah I noticed that too and thought it odd. I bet he's in.

I think its stupid, but thats just me. Its what I get for being too young to be emotionally attached to Childress. Would rather have a coach who has actually proved something beyond being at one point a beloved Deac on the court.

Auburn hired one of their own, Chuck "the Rifleman" Person as Assistant Coach to Pearl.

Eric Musselman, Associate Head Coach at AZ State is leaving to "pursue other opportunities" He was Herb's top assistant.

Back