• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Anyone Been to Copenhagen?

Been a long time since I've been there - 15+ years. Christiana was a good spot, not sure if it's still the case. Free bikes around the city still?

Bikes are still free I think. There are museums and stuff to hit that are worth it, but if you only have a few days, I think just walking the city and eating along the water fronts is the thing to do. I know it's winter but the park around the old "castle" is a cool spot.

Posted this back in November on the Scandinavia Tips thread (context was my review of Oslo, Stockholm and finally Copenhagen):

Copenhagen - by far my favorite of the three. The city is amazingly beatiful. Food is out of this world. I've never been, but Noma is supposed to be the world's best restaurant. There is a section of the city called "Christiana" (which is a free city I guess?). Basically it's a hippie town on an island in Copenhagen where weed is freely sold/distributed. Interesting place to check out. Also, Copenhagen may be the most bike friendly city I've ever been to. Bike lanes are almost as large as traffic lanes and you can rent bikes literally anywhere. Biking in winter isn't the same as a summer ride around town, but still worth it. Also, I can't remember the name but the main pedestrian road has very good shopping. Also, the women in Copenhagen are the most beautiful of any city I've been to. We would go out every night and every bar and club was filled with gorgeous Danish women.

I didn't put this in my original post, but Smørrebrød, or open faced sandwiches, is ubiquitous and delicious. There is a great restaurant (or at least it was great in '08 when I was there) called Christian 4 tal. Excellent place for lunch. Small place, owner is (or was) there all the time and she'll want to bring you the most delicious Smørrebrød she has. Do it.

Posted this back in November on the Scandinavia Tips thread (context was my review of Oslo, Stockholm and finally Copenhagen):

Copenhagen - by far my favorite of the three. The city is amazingly beatiful. Food is out of this world. I've never been, but Noma is supposed to be the world's best restaurant. There is a section of the city called "Christiana" (which is a free city I guess?). Basically it's a hippie town on an island in Copenhagen where weed is freely sold/distributed. Interesting place to check out. Also, Copenhagen may be the most bike friendly city I've ever been to. Bike lanes are almost as large as traffic lanes and you can rent bikes literally anywhere. Biking in winter isn't the same as a summer ride around town, but still worth it. Also, I can't remember the name but the main pedestrian road has very good shopping. Also, the women in Copenhagen are the most beautiful of any city I've been to. We would go out every night and every bar and club was filled with gorgeous Danish women.

I didn't put this in my original post, but Smørrebrød, or open faced sandwiches, is ubiquitous and delicious. There is a great restaurant (or at least it was great in '08 when I was there) called Christian 4 tal. Excellent place for lunch. Small place, owner is (or was) there all the time and she'll want to bring you the most delicious Smørrebrød she has. Do it.

This. I still remember walking to work with all of the beautiful Danish women riding on their bikes completely decked out for work with low cut tops etc.

Appreciate all the suggestions. Those of you that have recommended eating, if your memories get jogged and the names of certain places return, all the better.

Just eat Smorrebrod for lunch every day. Most places have a deal for 3 open faced sandwiches of different types (usually one fish, one veggie, and one other). They stop serving these by 3 at the very latest so remember that.

Back