• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Burlington, Vermont

Deadbolt

Reaction score
Tell me about Burlington, Vermont. I'm about to spend a month there for work.

I don't know much about Burlington itself. But I've spent a lot of time wandering northern Vermont in leaf season. If you're going for a month right now, you couldn't have picked a better time. Check out Shelburne Farms & Stowe. If you're into nature photography, hiking, or biking, there are a ton of awesome rural places. My favorite area is the northeast kingdom, generally north of St Johnsbury.

Send back2back a message. He did his residency up that way.

What are you in to? My wife is from there and i did residency at Dartmouth. I can help direct you towards some good stuff.. I love it there. If the weather were better I'd have stayed there and never moved back south.

What are you in to? My wife is from there and i did residency at Dartmouth. I can help direct you towards some good stuff.. I love it there. If the weather were better I'd have stayed there and never moved back south.

I had three surgeries on my wrist at your hospital!

I had three surgeries on my wrist at your hospital!

Damn dude, you would think after the 2nd time you'd have finally started jackin' it with the other hand. Just kept going back to old faithful eh?

Beer. Food. Music. Seeing the sights. Typical corporate tourist stuff.

I don't know much about Burlington itself. But I've spent a lot of time wandering northern Vermont in leaf season. If you're going for a month right now, you couldn't have picked a better time. Check out Shelburne Farms & Stowe. If you're into nature photography, hiking, or biking, there are a ton of awesome rural places. My favorite area is the northeast kingdom, generally north of St Johnsbury.

I leave the 28th of this month. I do want to go see a hockey game in Montreal one weekend, but most of my time will be in Burlington.

Good crepes place at the waterfront. And some good pizza too.

That's all I got.

The wife and I drank our way through there for 2 nights in July. Here's a list of places we visited.

- Fiddlehead Brewing - Only two beers to taste, which were decent and free.
- Shelburne Vineyard (right across the road from Fiddlehead) - Marginal wines, mostly off-dry, but a bunch to try.
- American Flatbread (Zero Gravity Tap Room) - Decent pizza for dinner and lots of good beers.
- Bluebird Tavern - Great burger for lunch and a Hill Farmstead beer (Mary I think)
- The Farmhouse Tap and Grill - Better than average bar food, great selection of beers. We had selections from Lawson's Finest Liquids, more Hill Farmstead, and The Alchemist Heady Topper.
- Cider tasting at Citizen Cider, which was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

The area around all of these restaurants was an open-air market which was closed to cars and reminded me a lot of Charlottesville if you've ever been to theirs. Otherwise, everyone looked like they had been transported from Asheville.

We stayed at this cabin north of town, which was nice for a couple.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1114496

Back