• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Burlington, Vermont

wonder how their recent secession movement is going

Keep the Montreal reccos coming in too... Going up to Burl again in early October and the plan is to spend a day or two there.

As far as BTV restaurants go, here are some other places to know about:

-Pizzeria Verita is on St. Paul St. about a block south of American Flatbread. I think it is the best pizza in town. Next door is Trattoria Delia which is thought to be the one of the best places for Italian.
-If you are jonesing for Mexican, leave Vermont. If you can't leave Vermont, check out El Gato on Lower Church St. It is next door to Das Bierhaus. They have beer there.
-Leunig's is a popular French bistro type place on Church St. that has decent grub.
-Hen of the Wood is one of those ubiquitous farm-to-table joints with restaurants in Waterbury and off Battery in Burlington.
-Stowe has a lot of nice restaurant options - my favorite being Piecaso's which is a good pizza place. Just be careful, for the next month, Rte 100 from Waterbury to Stowe is a parking lot with leaf-peepers.

Judging by the rapidly expanding Vermont/Wake population, we should try to find a bar that can stream WatchESPN so we can catch a Wake game.

If anything, Quebeckers are closer to Americans than to the French. Yes, many of them speak French (with their own very distinctive accent) as their native language but that doesn't make them "French" anymore than Americans are English because they speak English.

Quebeckers live next door to the United States, not France. More of them have visited the United States than France. Many of them also speak English. Their economy is tied very closely to the economy of the United States. They watch American TV and movies and listen to American music. The drive the same kind of cars we do. Montreal looks and feels much more like New York than Paris.

Also, Quebec, especially Montreal, is a very cosmopolitan, multicultural place. There are many people there who speak neither French nor English as their mother tongue.

In any case, the point is that Montreal is a wonderful city to visit and its location close to Burlington is a positive thing for Burlington.

Well, im not sure what your experience is with the quebecois is other than Montreal, but those who live outside the metro areas are certainly more continental than other Canadians. I'm not saying this in a negative way. And they're very different even compared to New Brunswickers.

If anything, Quebeckers are closer to Americans than to the French. Yes, many of them speak French (with their own very distinctive accent) as their native language but that doesn't make them "French" anymore than Americans are English because they speak English.

Quebeckers live next door to the United States, not France. More of them have visited the United States than France. Many of them also speak English. Their economy is tied very closely to the economy of the United States. They watch American TV and movies and listen to American music. The drive the same kind of cars we do. Montreal looks and feels much more like New York than Paris.

Also, Quebec, especially Montreal, is a very cosmopolitan, multicultural place. There are many people there who speak neither French nor English as their mother tongue.

In any case, the point is that Montreal is a wonderful city to visit and its location close to Burlington is a positive thing for Burlington.

Well, im not sure what your experience is with the quebecois is other than Montreal, but those who live outside the metro areas are certainly more continental than other Canadians. I'm not saying this in a negative way. And they're very different even compared to New Brunswickers.

John-McHale-Thats-Racist-Gif-On-Community.gif

Not worth starting a New Hampshire thread but has anyone ever been to the Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods? Going there for a wedding next weekend.

Not worth starting a New Hampshire thread but has anyone ever been to the Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods? Going there for a wedding next weekend.

Very high end resort in a beautiful location. It's rural, little hard to get to. But lovely. Will be cold this time of the year.
Have fun

I work in Montreal some, it's pretty awesome. Nice European feel, fun architecture, great food, etc.

I took my family to burlington VT for fall break (and Montreal a bit too). It's one of may favorite areas. Great breweries (Alchemist is kinda famous) and tons of local food places.

And cheese. Lots of cheese.

Back