• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AUSTIN ARIANS

Given our logjam at the 1-2 right now I'm sure that Brown will play mostly the 3. Woods actually takes most of our minutes at the 3 now.

It will be interesting to see how Danny manages the lineup next year, as there are a lot of pieces.

Obviously he will play the 3. I watched his most recent highlights and he looks like a stronger Keyshawn, a true 2. But since we have Keyshawn and Childress and Wilbekin, Brown will play the 3.

Thanks, Austin. Enjoyed watching you play and appreciate your contributions to turning our program back in the right direction.

To Arians' credit, Wisconsin wanted him, and he chose WF even though it was a lock Wisky was going to be an NCAA team (and WF was a long shot). Also, Wisconsin's weakness is 3 point shooting (10th in the Big 10); so, he would have helped a good team. Really hard to get a Wisconsin recruit out of the state when the Badgers offer. Got to believe that many at home were asking why he would turn down the in-state offer for an out-of-state long shot. Really glad it worked out so well for both WF and Arians. Always feel like Arians is going to drain it when he shoots.

Probably because ACC>B10.

Brown and Eggleston look like a SG and SF to me. Eggleston would be a small stretch 4. Maybe Mitchell steps into some minutes there.

Yes. In fact I am pretty excited about the idea of them at the 2/3 as upper classmen. They are both going to be hard to handle athletically, and both shots look fundamentally sound. Doubt they will be sharpshooters, but they will knock down open looks (particularly Brown). Can't wait to have some length on the wings again.

Thanks Auatin! I hope you get to play eleven more games in Black and Gold. In reviewing the time allotted list early in the thread I must say something I didn 't think I would say...you must give Mitchell W. more minutes. He has been so good coming off the bench and he will provide senior leadership next year.

Austin Aries just kicked some major ass on Monday Night Raw

may have saved our season in terms of potentially making the NCAAT with that late block against Michael Young. That was huuuuuugggee.

Austin had a good game against BC in early January. One of many where he has been a solid contributor. He'll only be at Wake one year, but it was a year in which he made some good contributions to bring this team to the brink of an NCAA tournament spot.

Thanks, Austin

Yes. In fact I am pretty excited about the idea of them at the 2/3 as upper classmen. They are both going to be hard to handle athletically, and both shots look fundamentally sound. Doubt they will be sharpshooters, but they will knock down open looks (particularly Brown). Can't wait to have some length on the wings again.

Yeah. For all the Chaundee NBA talk, he looks like a four year player. 6-4 wing with good all around ability but doesn't flash much athleticism. The lineup of senior Childress, junior Brown, and junior Eggleston seems promising with a senior SJM anchoring the post.

He does so many little things. He may not get a lot of rebounds or steals, but he gets his hands on a lot of loose balls. His fearlessness in shooting is also a huge positive. Other players look at him following the game plan and are more likely to do so themselves.
Arians was basically the senior leader, fundamental playing, career role player the team was lacking. Next year we'll have Wilbekin and Dinos sort of in that role....as the younger guys play more.

There's no way Moore would have jumped to the NBA. He could barely play 4 minutes without being exhausted last year. Just being on the court for long stretches was a big step for him. I expect him to make a jump up in skill level next year.

Arians with another strong game.......and what a way to start. Boom, boom, boom from 3 point land

Do we have a stat on the number of our games this year that have started with a made three by Austin?

Do we have a stat on the number of our games this year that have started with a made three by Austin?

Just take the total number of games and subtract the number where he missed one to open the game.

Yeah. For all the Chaundee NBA talk, he looks like a four year player. 6-4 wing with good all around ability but doesn't flash much athleticism. The lineup of senior Childress, junior Brown, and junior Eggleston seems promising with a senior SJM anchoring the post.

Odds of that happening about 10%. Not due to somebody blowing up and going pro exclusively, but because that just never happens anymore.

His mannerisms remind me of a shorter Harrison Barnes

Is it safe to say that arians is our best grad transfer ever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back