• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Last edited:
Zch Banner is one of the top offensive line recruits in the country. He has taken visits to Washington and Michigan.

Zch Banner is one of the top offensive line recruits in the country. He has taken visits to Washington and Michigan.

Is he interested in playing basketball? We offered, but I haven't heard anything about him at all!

How about the other guys?

Pretty sure we are down to a most likely commit from Devin Thomas during his official in a few weeks and then maybe one more of Arnaud Moto or Andrew White. Unless we get neither of those 2 and some other 2 guard blows up this year. Otherwise ship to be saved for '13.

New RSCI has CMM at 75 and Rountree in a three-way tie for 99.

RT @EvanDanielscout: Arnaud Moto has committed to Wake Forest, per Keith Stevens.

OH MAN, this is HUGE news!!!

Can't wait to confirm Devin Thomas on his official, and then move onto 2013!

Impressive class. Will be interesting to see what they can put together and if anyone transfers.

I think we now know that Bzzz is thinking of Tree as a SG. I love having that mismatch.

I think we'll see Moto, Fisher and TRee playing together a lot in 12/13.

So, can we finally give [Redacted] and his staff some credit on the recruiting front?

I don't want to call anybody out, but I think that the Class of 2012 more than improves his current standing as a recruiter:

SF - Arnaud Moto - 6'6 RSCI #72 (DC-area)
Chose Wake over Vanderbilt, UCLA, and Florida, though Vanderbilt emerged late as our top competitor.

PG/SG - Codi Miller-McIntyre 6'2 - RSCI #75 (Local)
Early commit, though technically chose Wake over Clemson.

SG/SF - Aaron Rountree - 6'8 RSCI #99 (Local)
Early commit, though technically chose Wake over Colorado.

PF - Tyler Cavanaugh - 6'8 (Upstate NY) - 3* Scout.com, 3* ESPN.com (#37 PF)
Chose Wake over Notre Dame and Syracuse.

C - Andre Washington - 7'1 (Roanoke-area) - 3* Scout.com, 3* ESPN.com (#23 C)
Early commit.

PF/C - Devin Thomas - 6'8 (Central Pennsylvania) - 3* Scout.com, 3* ESPN.com (#36 PF)
Chose Wake over Marquette, Virginia Tech, Penn State, and Temple, though Penn State and Temple were primary competitors.

Bzz and co. secured early-commitments two in-state standouts before they exploded on the national scene and a massive big man with potential from Virginia. All three of these signings were examples of this staff's talent evaluation abilities and their confidence in their abilities.

Bzz and co. won a legitimate recruiting battle against elite NCAA programs for an elite prospect and two battles of slightly lesser consequence against elite NCAA programs.

Bzz and co. put together a class comprised of players coming from NC, DC-area, Upstate NY, Central Pennsylvania, and Southwestern VA.

AND: All of this was completed following one of the worst single seasons in ACC history.

We'll see if the man can coach, but this recruiting class more than quells my criticisms of Bzz as a recruiter.

Last edited:
Back