• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Like I said earlier, this is a very solid class. It's the kind of class that I did not expect [Redacted] to get. But, this not the kind of class that's going to break us into the top tier of the ACC (especially once Syracuse and Pitt are on board) on its own. That's going to require some elite recruits so let's go get some in the classes of 2013 and 2014.

I also do not like having a 6 person class. It's very risky and imho is not a long term move. If all 6 players stay all 4 years, which I think is the expectation, we are looking at a major problem in 2015. But, I do like the mix if we are going to 6 (primarily two power forwards).

No doubt though that getting Moto is a coup for [Redacted].

I would agree that it appears as if Rountree will be played more at the shooting guard which could definitely create some interesting mismatch.

Last edited:
The problem would be in 2016. The program should not be worried about 2016 right now after the roster depletion the last 18 months. And nobody bitched about our 5 man class. It's not like the difference between 5 and 6 is going to make a major impact.

We have like eight scholarship players this year, and question whether about half of them can play in the acc. Why not take a big class? If two thirds of them pan out, we've gotten what we needed from the class.

The problem would be in 2016. The program should not be worried about 2016 right now after the roster depletion the last 18 months. And nobody bitched about our 5 man class. It's not like the difference between 5 and 6 is going to make a major impact.

This.

Also the point above about 8-scholarship players.

Last edited:
A few more points of discussion. According to scout.com's prospects list:

We got the fourth best PG we targeted. Obviously Tyler Lewis is the one that got away.

We got the second and third best SFs we targeted.

By the numbers, we could have recruited better inside, though, and we did nothing to address our lack of an elite SG recruit. These are two areas that I think we must continue to work on looking to 2013 and 2014 recruiting years.

Wow; congrats to [Redacted] and co. Didn't see this one coming. Definitely huge news in that he fills a direct need, [Redacted] went toe to toe with some other bigtime programs to get him, and the commitment rounds what now looks like a VERY solid 6-man class.

This page is looking pretty effing sweet right about now:
http://wakeforest.scout.com/a.z?s=192&p=9&c=8&cfg=bb&yr=2012

It woudl be great if all the Hargrave training would add 15-20 pounds to Andre's frame. He's got plenty of space for it.

Time for mcclinton to go ahead and claim his ship and then we can be done with all this recruiting stuff for a while

A few more points of discussion. According to scout.com's prospects list:

We got the fourth best PG we targeted. Obviously Tyler Lewis is the one that got away.

We got the second and third best SFs we targeted.

By the numbers, we could have recruited better inside, though, and we did nothing to address our lack of an elite SG recruit. These are two areas that I think we must continue to work on looking to 2013 and 2014 recruiting years.

I thinki we wanted Codi much more than Tyler.

With Moto and Thomas, I'd say our class is now ahead of Virginia's.

If Purvis is as good as he thinks he. He'll leave after one year. That would leave State with just Tyler.

Maybe State's class is better for next year, but after that ours is better.

Last edited:
I think the next coach is really going to like these players that Bz is bringing in! (I kid, I kid)

\\

I guess Bz gets another pass but 12-13 is show time

Let me explain to you how this will work out. 6 man highly rated recruiting class is used to satisfy fan base for next year while we continue to stink this year. 2012-2013 season rolls in....

'6 out of our 12 scholarship players are true freshman, we have a tough road ahead as we try to get these young players ready to play'.

Bz is hoping that he can last until 2013-2014 where he actually might have a legitimate chance to put together a solid season. Next two season are going to be rough, you can pretty much count on it.

We have a very nice, exciting recruiting class, but this ship will still be fighting choppy waters in the 12-13 season, you can count on it.

Back