• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

I think there's a difference between long term and short term expectations. I don't expect us to be competing neck and neck with UNC and Duke within the next 5 years, but I would like to see us move towards that direction. I don't see that happening.

I agree with this completely, but I don't see anybody on these boards acknowledging the fact that we have a decent 20-year sample to base such an assertion off of. I also take exception to being called stupid and a homer (in a negative sense) for simply pointing out what has actually happened.

Last edited:
I agree with this completely, but I don't see anybody on these boards acknowledging the fact that we have a decent 20-year sample to base such an assertion off of. I take exception to being called stupid and a homer (in a negative sense) for simply pointing out what has actually happened.

First, I didn't call you that. Second, if you ignore the personal insult, the rest of that post was pretty much on point.

I guess pretty much my point, confirmed by all of your fact finding, is that this is exactly the kind of class Wake Forest fans should expect. That means it's a solid class, but it isn't an elite class. It isn't pushing the program forward. That's obviously what I hope to see, and I think having only one scholarship to fill in the class of 2013 should give [Redacted] the opportunity to really show us if he can push the program forward and get his first elite recruit. I don't "demand" it, but I'm hopeful that it will come to fruition, more so than I was a month ago, and much more so than I was 6 months ago.

I became a WF fan as a freshman in 74 that is 37 years ago, let me say we have had our ups and downs during that time span. Every coach except Stack had some very good teams. I like good basketball and know it when I see it. If we perform well given our limited roster and talent, I will certainly say so.

I agree with this completely, but I don't see anybody on these boards acknowledging the fact that we have a decent 20-year sample to base such an assertion off of. I also take exception to being called stupid and a homer (in a negative sense) for simply pointing out what has actually happened.
I am just impressed that Bzz was able to get these kids to commit while our program is in the cloud it has been in. Sure, it is not our best recruiting class but it may be our best if you take into account the momentum of the program. I am impressed with Bz and staff on this one.

The challenge for Coach Bz is twofold, one is do as the other coaches and have some very good teams and then unlike the rest sustain it. That is a very steep challenge given where we are now. Getting some additional good players is a big step in the right direction but only gets him in the game.

First, I didn't call you that. Second, if you ignore the personal insult, the rest of that post was pretty much on point.

I guess pretty much my point, confirmed by all of your fact finding, is that this is exactly the kind of class Wake Forest fans should expect. That means it's a solid class, but it isn't an elite class. It isn't pushing the program forward. That's obviously what I hope to see, and I think having only one scholarship to fill in the class of 2013 should give [Redacted] the opportunity to really show us if he can push the program forward and get his first elite recruit. I don't "demand" it, but I'm hopeful that it will come to fruition, more so than I was a month ago, and much more so than I was 6 months ago.

We agree, then. (KidA insulted me and I was responding to that. I didn't mean to direct that towards you and didn't mean to conflate it with my multiple postings.)

I will only say that I still think that this class is pushing the program forward relative to the defections, a coaching change, a miserable season, and a mediocre, in context, Class of 2011.

We agree, then. (KidA insulted me and I was responding to that. I didn't mean to direct that towards you and didn't mean to conflate it with my multiple postings.)

I will only say that I still think that this class is pushing the program forward relative to the defections, a coaching change, a miserable season, and a mediocre, in context, Class of 2011.

In the context of where the program is now, which is entirely different from where it was two years, this class does become much more impressive.

Hopefully varsity basketball schedules are released soon. There are definitely some DC/NOVA Deacs who can check him out this winter.

Marshall Wood is down to VaT,Richmond and VCU.Wake and Va. are no longer involved.

If we have 1 2013 scholarship it has to go to a SG. If we have 2, as some suspect might happen, I think the other one should go to a C.

Mcclinton is too good to pass up. Especially if several of these guys can defend multiple positions. Could easily have line-ups with 3 of the wings on the floor at once.

Mcclinton is too good to pass up. Especially if several of these guys can defend multiple positions. Could easily have line-ups with 3 of the wings on the floor at once.

My line of thinking as well. Local star who seems to like WF. Versatile guy that could work in different lineups.

At this point neither Moto, Travis nor McCinton can play guard.

Back