• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Baby steps, guys.

BenjaminDDoster
@WakeRivals // @NBDre33 said, "I plan on winning multiple national championships." #DeaconsIllustrated

@WakeRivals // @CMM_OnTheRise said, "It's going to be historical what we're going to do in the future." #DeaconsIllustrated

Gotta love the enthusiasm. Good to see that the most important part of the basketball program is optimistic.

I would be a little worried if they were saying "We just hope to make the NCAA tournament as a 10 seed by the time we're juniors."

I would be a little worried if they were saying "We just hope to make the NCAA tournament as a 10 seed by the time we're juniors."

I'd also be worried if they said "We look forward to coming to Wake so we can get high and steal shit," but that still wouldn't make what they did say any less absurd. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping these early games are showing that the light is going on for Dre. That's what you hope for in big guys who are athletic.

He is much, much taller than anyone on his team. If Harrell is really 6'7, then Dre could be 7'1+.

And there goes [Redacted] - already throwing these kids under the bus by talking about how successful they'll be.

Such an ass. Hey Bzzz, maybe you can let CMM play his first collegiate game before putting all-American expectations on him... :rulz:

Full-on CYA mode. Anything to justify him keeping his job. Every compliment is a transparent dig at our current players. I see at least 3 more transfers coming before the ACC schedule starts, easily.

If Bz is correct about Andre having strong hands, that will be key. We will need him around the bucket getting his hands on the ball and defending the rim.

"Forward Tyler Cavanaugh (big white guy), guard Codi Miller-McIntyre (CMM), forward Arnaud Adala Moto (Hello Moto), forward Aaron Rountree (Smiley), forward Devin Thomas (Headband) and center Andre Washington (Giggles) all signed their official commitments today to join the Demon Deacon basketball family next season."

And there goes [Redacted] - already throwing these kids under the bus by talking about how successful they'll be.

Such an ass. Hey Bzzz, maybe you can let CMM play his first collegiate game before putting all-American expectations on him... :rulz:

Full-on CYA mode. Anything to justify him keeping his job. Every compliment is a transparent dig at our current players. I see at least 3 more transfers coming before the ACC schedule starts, easily.
So just to be clear: Bz is not allowed to talk about last season, he's not allowed to talk about current players' development, and he's not allowed to talk about committed recruits.

Awesome.

As expected, R. Carter picks GaT.

Pretty impressive what Gregory, Turgeon, and especially Gottfried have accomplished in their first recruiting classes. Only six months ago, it seems we heard that first-year coaches couldn't possibly be expected to bring in highly-recruited players because of the AAU system and how necessary it was to have long-lasting connections. Guess that theory's been blown to bits.

Pretty impressive what Gregory, Turgeon, and especially Gottfried have accomplished in their first recruiting classes. Only six months ago, it seems we heard that first-year coaches couldn't possibly be expected to bring in highly-recruited players because of the AAU system and how necessary it was to have long-lasting connections. Guess that theory's been blown to bits.

It was blown to bits when Sidney F'n Lowe signed JJ Hickson and Tracy Smith his first year.

Good recruiters recruit talent. Period. I'll grant you it doesn't happen every year (Prosser was a pretty good recruiter, but he certainly had some strikeouts), but it happens more often than not. [Redacted] is 1 for 2 right now. To the extent he gets to keep his job next year (I don't think we will win 11 games, and I think he should be fired for that reason), he will have to go 2 for 3 to be able to have any hope of keeping his job.

Gregory got a home town guy and Turgeon brought Cleare with him.

We needed to have a class like this one in 2011, it didn't happen but we got a solid class in 2012, so we stay near the bottom for another season. In 2012 we are competitive but the parity in the ACC will be the storyline. I'm not sure who we can jump over at this point.

We needed to have a class like this one in 2011, it didn't happen but we got a solid class in 2012, so we stay near the bottom for another season. In 2012 we are competitive but the parity in the ACC will be the storyline. I'm not sure who we can jump over at this point.

Too far out to tell how the ACC will be in 2-3 years. Crazy things happen. See, for example, our program right now.

Back