• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

If Wake loses a basketball recruit to UAB I'm going to absolutely lose my shit.

We already lost one to Fordham, Jon Severe... who btw is averaging 23.5 ppg and shooting .550 from three through a whopping 2 games, albeit one against Syracuse.

The strong survive ‏@Thebigticket5B 49m
Wake Forrest commit Isaac Haas is open wake had to go in another direction he will land at UAB....

Hard to tell what this means given the lack of punctuation.

i think it says:

wake forrest commit isaac haas is open. wake had to go in another direction. he will land at uab.....

really curious to see what this other direction is because that is messed up and nonsensical.

Well, that's a disgrace. Echoing FlaccidDeac and based on what I'm seeing on Twitter, it appears as though we backed off and Haas chose UAB. I'm intrigued to see how the herd spins this one.

"Wake had to go in another direction?"

What the hell? The only thing I can think of is that the staff chose Rondale over Haas and dropped Haas to have a scholarship for next year.

How the hell is this good culture? Who drops a recruit on signing day?

it would be messed up even if there was another signing imminent... but if they did this just to have a schollie open for 2015 when they took rondale as a 10th option at SG that would be the most backwards, screwed up thing i could imagine.

Sounds like apple isn't quite ready to give up his $900K a year job

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Nothing worse than a rotten apple.

I've never seen anything like this from Wake before. No matter how it plays out, it's just an absolute disgrace and, if you're looking for something that's damaging to our reputation as a program, then look no farther ("miserable fucking coaching staff").

Not wanting to jump to too many conclusions, but it would seem as though we have reached a new low on our rapid ascent to rock bottom.

Back