• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Is it a rule of some kind that twins have to be ranked consecutively? Idk where they wound up but I know the Wears were consecutive for a good while. It just screams "lazy analyst" to me.

If we're not even on his list, how was he a prospect for us?

If we're not even on his list, how was he a prospect for us?

Rivals had us on his list

2013 three-star power forward Kentan Facey is about the 5th or 6th best recruit in the state of New York, and he has cut down his list to 11 schools in UCLA, USC, Connecticut, Memphis, Rutgers, Rhode Island, Dayton, St. John’s, Providence, Xavier, and Virginia Tech.

Kentan Facey has received other offers from Florida, Louisville, Pittsburgh, and Saint Louis. Also eliminated were top schools who did not offer in Kentucky, Kansas State, Miami, West Virginia, and Wake Forest.

HUH?? If we didn't offer and weren't on his final list, it wasn't a miss.

HUH?? If we didn't offer and weren't on his final list, it wasn't a miss.

I never said it was a miss. I was just pointing out that the player I called probably our best remaining 2013 big man prospect just committed to UConn.

Gill and Robinson were misses, this isn't a miss.

Why haven't we offered Kyle Washington?

Where is the guy from Cav's school or the kid down in Raliegh?

Why haven't we offered Kyle Washington?

Where is the guy from Cav's school or the kid down in Raliegh?

Here's our remaining big man prospects list, from what I can tell:

-Kennedy Meeks (no chance)
-Kyle Washington (very little chance)
-Chinonso Obokoh (handful of really legit offers) - Cav's friend
-Sidy Djitte - plays in Raleigh
-Tosin Mehinti (offered)
-Antonio Campbell
-Tyrek Coger
-Javion Ogunyemi
-Nick Gorski

2014:
Andre Walker
Isaac Copeland
Gary Clark

Last edited:
Maybe Youssoupha Kane too.

Although I just found this, weird.

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
2013 Word of God (NC) big man Youssoupha Kane has enrolled at Western Nebraska JUCO.

Last edited:

Kane was the one I was thinking about.

Here's something recent about Obokoh:

"by Alex Schwartz
READING, Pa. - Villanova is looking to land a big man in the class of 2013 and one of the players that Jay Wright and Co. have their eyes on is Chinonso Obokoh.

A 6-foot-9 center who attends Bishop Kearney High School in Rochester, N.Y., Obokoh is a player who is drawing a wide variety of college interest. While at Hoop Group Elite Camp, he took the time to update VUSports.com on the status of his recruitment.

Obokoh listed scholarship offers from Syracuse, Texas, Villanova, Temple, West Virginia, Miami, James Madison, USC, Seton Hall, Buffalo, Dayton, and Oregon. He noted that other schools have offered too and said Wake Forest may be one of those, but he was not positive.

Additionally, Obokoh is hearing from the likes of Oklahoma, Washington, Georgia, and SMU."

Also...we have Devin Thomas, Daniel Green and Andre Washington--do we know for sure that we are actively going hard after a big guy? The coaching staff might feel set there and don't feel the need to get another one just because...

Although I just found this, weird.

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
2013 Word of God (NC) big man Youssoupha Kane has enrolled at Western Nebraska JUCO.

If that happened, could it help him get in? He might have been worried about WOG getting into trouble.

Also...we have Devin Thomas, Daniel Green and Andre Washington--do we know for sure that we are actively going hard after a big guy? The coaching staff might feel set there and don't feel the need to get another one just because...

We offered Tosin Mehinti and, before him, Schuyler Rimmer. We're trying to get somebody.

I don't think that a team with postseason aspirations in the next three years can afford to sit tight with Devin Thomas (freshman), Daniel Green (still skinny), and Andre Washington (skinny freshman). I'm looking forward to seeing those guys hustle for us this year, but those are three inexperienced and/or skinny bigs and last I checked the ACC gets better from here on out.

Hopefully by November we will no longer consider DG to be skinny. He has put on a ton of weight and is working to get 15 more before the season starts. He looks like a different guy already.

However, I do agree with your point. We don't need to recruit a big just because, but if we can get a solid one we need to put it all out there. Most pressing need is definitely a scorer/shooter. CMM's back is going to hurt carrying the load if not.

Hopefully by November we will no longer consider DG to be skinny. He has put on a ton of weight and is working to get 15 more before the season starts. He looks like a different guy already.

However, I do agree with your point. We don't need to recruit a big just because, but if we can get a solid one we need to put it all out there. Most pressing need is definitely a scorer/shooter. CMM's back is going to hurt carrying the load if not.

I agree with this. The tweeners are fine as long as we get a shooter to go with them.

Is it a rule of some kind that twins have to be ranked consecutively? Idk where they wound up but I know the Wears were consecutive for a good while. It just screams "lazy analyst" to me.

Also, weird that one of the Martin twins is listed 15 lbs. heavier than the other.

Back