• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

He was really highly regarded last year and I think State was on him but they have since (seemingly) backed off.

He got a Missouri offer when they were trying to get Purvis, so he committed to Missouri. When Purvis didn't follow, the scholarship went poof.

Wow! Seems like promising news for us in regards to Davon and Kam!

What was the good Kam news?

I have a good feeling based on the vibes I've been getting from Reed in these recruiting articles and his tweets. I wouldn't worry too much about the rankings because no matter where he winds up Reed will be a good player. I thought UConn would be our biggest threat and it seems like they be shying away a bit in his mind.

Also interesting that we are going head to head with Miami on a lot of these battles with Coach Jim Larranaga. Looks like Coach [Redacted] and Coach Larranaga like the same type of kids.

What was the good Kam news?

I have a good feeling based on the vibes I've been getting from Reed in these recruiting articles and his tweets. I wouldn't worry too much about the rankings because no matter where he winds up Reed will be a good player. I thought UConn would be our biggest threat and it seems like they be shying away a bit in his mind.

Also interesting that we are going head to head with Miami on a lot of these battles with Coach Jim Larranaga. Looks like Coach [Redacted] and Coach Larranaga like the same type of kids.

Kam news in so far as Davon is visiting Miami. If Kam was such a lock, then perhaps Larranga wouldn't be inviting other elite 2013 SGs onto campus. It's needless to say that they won't be getting both of them.

I don't know, but I like our chances with one of these guys now. I didn't feel like that awhile ago, but I'm definitely getting more excited about our recruiting these days.

Our recruiting is definitely more need/system based instead of going after the elite, top talent regardless of position at this point. Now if Coach [Redacted] thought he could get some of the top guys I'm sure that he would take them in a heartbeat (my problem with the whole "culture" thing), but I'm cautiously optimistic of this approach up to this point.

Our recruiting is definitely more need/system based instead of going after the elite, top talent regardless of position at this point. Now if Coach [Redacted] thought he could get some of the top guys I'm sure that he would take them in a heartbeat (my problem with the whole "culture" thing), but I'm cautiously optimistic of this approach up to this point.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Our staff has proven that they have an eye for under-the-radar talent and it seems like we're developing the talent we have pretty well, so far. We also seem to be doing well with local kids.

I'm not so sure, however, that you can say that Bz could drop in and land a top-10 guy anytime soon.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Our staff has proven that they have an eye for under-the-radar talent and it seems like we're developing the talent we have pretty well, so far. We also seem to be doing well with local kids.

I'm not so sure, however, that you can say that Bz could drop in and land a top-10 guy anytime soon.

What I'm saying is that if a top 10 talent level guy had interest in Wake I'm sure that Coach [Redacted] would go after him. That's my point.

What I'm saying is that if a top 10 talent level guy had interest in Wake I'm sure that Coach [Redacted] would go after him. That's my point.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I would certainly hope so. I hope that most coaches would, in principle, pursue an interested top-10 player.

Remember when top ten kids used to be interested in us? That was fun. Wonder why now it's a hypothetical again?

I remember looking at Amare Stoudamire's first few lists and Wake was mentioned. Hard to imagine drawing any interest from that level of prospect again.

We are supposedly the leader for Shelton Mitchell and if his ranking stays about the same (around 30 overall) and we landed him he would be our 3rd highest rated recruit since 1998.

Top 5 since 1998 (RSCI):
CP - 6
AFA - 7
EWilliams - 36
Ty Walker - 37
Ari Stewart - 39

Has this staff proven they either have an eye for under the radar talent or developing that talent?

I would like to see some results first.

Back