• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

CO isn't Duke. CO isn't NCSU. CO isn't Wake Forest.

Why we would have any interest in a 2* player at our deepest position?

Why would Duke EVER be interested in 2* after signing a Top 30ish player who is the same size?

Holding "interest" from somewhere can mean a lot of different things. Sometimes a player will get a letter (schools send letters to hundreds of different players) from a school, and it will get reported to the media/scouts as "interest." In some cases it may be legitimate interest but in others it is often just a school's way of saying we know who you are and you may be someone we recruit down the road.

Ty Outlaw most likely never held serious interest from Duke. I know Wake was intrigued for a little while, but backed off fairly quickly. It's not like we were going head to head with UNCG for Outlaw. That isn't to take anything away from Outlaw, though. I've seen him multiple times and he is a very good player and a HUGE get for Wes Miller. He is underrated in my opinion and probably could have played in a power 6 conference if given the chance. He'll do big things for UNCG

Justin Byerly ‏@Justinbyerly
UNC & Wake Forest will be at Cuthbertson HS (NC) to see Shelton Mitchell, a 6'3, 2014 PG tomorrow morning for workouts.

He was 3* on scout and 86 ESPN rating would be very substantial this year (even a curve would have it being at 3* this year).

He was 3* on scout and 86 ESPN rating would be very substantial this year (even a curve would have it being at 3* this year).

Just to let you guys know, ESPN completely restructured their ranking system. Players aren't ranked lower or considered worse prospects this year - ESPN just rank the players differently than they have in the past. The 2013 class is actually a stronger class in general than 2012

I coulda swore he was 2.

Well, better for us!

I'm an idiot. You typed Green, I read Washington.

They only have Quinn Cook and none listed for this year. The good thing is K doesn't really use PGs.

6'6" SF Tyrone Outlaw, from Roxboro, committed to UNCG this weekend. According to ESPN both Wake and Duke had shown interest.

Outlaw committed to UNC Greensboro on Saturday, a significant addition for a Spartans program hoping to get back into the contention in the Big South under second-year coach Wes Miller. Not only did Outlaw hold scholarship offers from the likes of Ole Miss, St. Bonaventure and George Washington, he had also received interest from the likes of Duke, North Carolina State and Wake Forest.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/127082/tyrone-outlaw

I bet UNCG does not win the Big South tournament with this player.

Back