• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

UNC couldn't have thought up of anything better than Late Night with Roy for the name of their midnight madness?

Evan just tweeted:

"Wake Forest stopped in to see Alec Brennan last week. Big man continues to get more interest."

He's a 2014 prospect and I've seen his height at 6'8 and 6'10. I'll believe the former for now. Not to get racial or anything, but he's Chinese. Also he plays sort of nearby so I'll check him out if we're genuinely recruiting him.

Evan just tweeted:

"Wake Forest stopped in to see Alec Brennan last week. Big man continues to get more interest."

He's a 2014 prospect and I've seen his height at 6'8 and 6'10. I'll believe the former for now. Not to get racial or anything, but he's Chinese. Also he plays sort of nearby so I'll check him out if we're genuinely recruiting him.

buzz just wants something exciting to distract from his terrible coaching and the poor records of the last few years. brensanity is born.

Evan just tweeted:

Self quote from Alec: “I’m a face-up four and I’m 6-10.”

ESPN on Brennan:

ESPN Analyst
Updated 08/06/2012

Strengths:
A very intriguing young prospect because of his size, length, and skill set, Brennan projects as a face-up four-man with a very high upside. He has a soft touch on his jumper and can already stretch opposing defenses out to the three-point line when his feet are set. His frame is solid with the potential to hold a good amount of muscle mass down the road and although not always consistent he shows a good nose for the ball coming off the glass and contesting shots inside the paint. Brennan is an unselfish player who can make some nice passes for a player his size and also has great use of his left hand.

Weaknesses:
Brennan is still just growing into his body and so his movements are a little slow and deliberate. He isn't especially quick laterally and so will need to concentrate on strengthening his frame so that he is able to defend four-men at the next level. He will also need to become more consistent as he is only able to physically compete against contact for a few minutes at a time. Offensively, he doesn't yet create his own shot, either off the dribble or with his back to the basket.

Bottom Line:
Brennan is an intriguing young prospect in the mold of a classic face-up four-man. With a good build and strong skill set, he projects as a valuable trailer on the break and pick and pop player down the road.

Also, there is lots of video of him online if interested.

6'10, 235 is nice. For reference, Jank was 6'9, 200. They sound like similar players.

You're right. Nice catch. Any word as to how Cav is looking in practice?

I know that he does drills with the guards. While Devin, Dre, and Green do big man drills, Cav goes with the guards to work on his shooting. Hear he's looking like a knockdown mid-range shooter, but not very explosive.

I know that he does drills with the guards. While Devin, Dre, and Green do big man drills, Cav goes with the guards to work on his shooting. Hear he's looking like a knockdown mid-range shooter, but not very explosive.

Does he have consistent three point range or are we going to utilize him as more of a dual option out of the pick-and-roll?

I think we'll see him in a poor man's Ryan Kelly role. Definitely think he will be stepping out some for 3's.

That's great. It's especially encouraging to hear that [Redacted] is having him train with the guards. There were times that I just wanted to see Carson spot-up or get utilized out of the pick-and-pop... Good to know that we're finally using guys where they'll helps us the most.

Back