• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Looks like Giles should have chosen UNC where he could advance his pursuit of academics at a pace and level he is comfortable with.

Can't blame him for leaving Mouth of Wilson CC but you would think he would transfer to a legit school.

Has Giles graduated from HS? If not, how is it possible for him to attend a school that's for HS grads only? Fooking weird.

The Forest Trail Academy graduate program is for the student-athlete looking for an extra year to become more mentally, academically, or physically prepared for the next level. We will operate in 2015-16 on a 7 month schedule from September 6 – March 15 in order to prepare young men and women that have graduated from a traditional High School for the strong collegiate schedule.

The program will provide very intense basketball training while improving the college recruitment opportunities. Competition will be against junior college programs and other prep programs around the nation. Players will be involved daily in conditioning training, skills workouts, and team practices to maximize the players development.

We understand the need to improve academically as well as athletically. And we will evaluate your academic needs.

Program Details:
• Work with our training staff that has played or taught the game at a high level
• Live on campus and walk to workouts / or be a day student
• Increase college exposure
• Intense training 2 times per day, 5 days per week
• Weight and agility training 3 days per week

I can see the following:

1) HG not being eligible for college due to unaccredited classes/curriculum at new high school
2) Playing oversees for a year instead while waiting on NBA draft
3) Playing poorly oversees due to a combo of court rust/injury recovery along with being homesick.
4) Dropping in draft to late round 1/early round 2

I can see the following:

1) HG not being eligible for college due to unaccredited classes/curriculum at new high school
2) Playing oversees for a year instead while waiting on NBA draft
3) Playing poorly oversees due to a combo of court rust/injury recovery along with being homesick.
4) Dropping in draft to late round 1/early round 2

lol are you kidding me. He could not play another second of basketball before June 2017 or tear an ACL for a 3rd time and he'll go higher than this

It's so 8xDeac that Rudd uses his @aol e-mail address for contact info.

I'll bet he will never play for Duke. WFU wouldnt admit him from Rudd's post grad "school". Duke isn't that slack on admissions , is it?

Do the 8Xdeac idiots on this thread really think Giles would go to a school that Duke wasn't absolutely sure would lead to him being eligible? Shut the fuck up.

It's mind boggling. He did not want to stay at oak hill without basketball (or his "coach" did not want to bother with him. He already got the press conference). He did not want to return to his previous hs (his friends pissed at him?) So, rather than work a little he's going to that shit show? I'm guessing his dad is ok with it and his mom hasn't seen that website. He'll need to do a little work his first semester at dook. Poor kid is vetting terrible advice from somewhere.

His friends would be ok with it, but not sure he could do that academically. He'd be too far behind and it sounds like his GPA needs a boost. WCA is not going to help with that, since it's a tough school.

Back