• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

It would be perfect if Kwe committed very soon. Then after a few week Harry followed. It could give them and the staff basically a year to "audition" for the other two slots. They could figure out the perfect fits and be entirely focused.

1 slot. Don't forget...the last domino to fall will be Tatum.

No way Harry would do one of his best friends like that and go to UNC or Duke. It's between us and Kentucky at this point I think. Gotta hope for a couple of the 2015 big men to commit to Kentucky, so that PT becomes a bit murky for the 2016 bigs like Harry.

But who am I kidding, Harry's coming here. No need to worry.

No way Harry would do one of his best friends like that and go to UNC or Duke. It's between us and Kentucky at this point I think. Gotta hope for a couple of the 2015 big men to commit to Kentucky, so that PT becomes a bit murky for the 2016 bigs like Harry.

But who am I kidding, Harry's coming here. No need to worry.

Word around WCA is Harry will NOT leave the state, fwiw.

Feeling good that our days of just totally sucking are over.

It obviously hasn't stopped a few of our football recruiting targets, but a kid would have to be nuts to commit to UNC basketball right now given the uncertainty about NCAA punishment.

It obviously hasn't stopped a few of our football recruiting targets, but a kid would have to be nuts to commit to UNC basketball right now given the uncertainty about NCAA punishment.

Agreed

Side note, but the past four years were just so unnecessary.
Okay, refractory period over.

RE: The past four years- Our motto should be the great Stachel Paige's life lesson, "Don't look back. Something may be gainin' on you."

It's over. Don't look back.

I've got to think that after the news from UNC this week, that all recruits (and maybe commits) would have second thoughts due to the unknown future of their athletic programs. likely to be penalized or restricted for years to come. This goes for basketball, football and other sports.
Actually, it might cause a number of non-athletes to have second thoughts as well. The academic reputation of UNC has been severely damaged

Has there been a situation before where the son of an iconic, beloved player came to play at his father's alma mater as a scholarship player (not just a walk-on)? I can't think of one off the top of my head

One of John Stockton's son played for Gonzaga

Back