• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

kruk.gif

On the subject of getting on the cover of all the college basketball magazines, has Coach Manning considered recruiting two or more players named Henderson? They would have to be top players on the team for it to work but I'd have to imagine a cover of "Harry and the Hendersons" would be sexy enough for 90 to 93% of such magazines. Food for thought.

Like everyone else here I hope Giles chooses us. That being said I will be a little bitter if he does not. All the trips here, hanging around and playing pick up games with our guys, and then dumping us would leave a bad taste. Anyway, just my two cents; hope he does not disappoint me.

Seems like someone would possibly could have got, also weren't we going hard after Thon Maker and what do think of keeping the European thing going with Richard Freudenberg

Seems like someone would possibly could have got, also weren't we going hard after Thon Maker and what do think of keeping the European thing going with Richard Freudenberg
UNC & SC always seemed to be the top 2 for Seventh Woods. Maybe WF gets onto his final list of schools but those two would be tough to beat.

Maker's recruitment and handlers have turned off some coaches, so possibly Manning felt it wasn't worth his time to put up with the reclassifications & uncertainties. There's still a decent chance he never plays college basketball.

With Freudenberg, WF is likely only looking for true power forwards, not stretch fours or wings (RF is listed as a SF or SG most places). As an example, Harrison Froling has some stretch four tendencies but does have a decent down low skills as well.

I think Woods was always going to be a battle between UNC and South Carolina. I doubt we could have made much headway there.

Danny Manning visited Thon Maker back in March and offered both him and his brother. But we never led for him. He never visited and has gone through a host of supposed "leaders". Since he seems to be adding new suitors all the time I suppose it's possible we could get back involved with him, but that seems extremely unlikely.

I don't think we're recruiting Freudenberg and it is probably too late to start. But I suppose it's possible. I would consider Harry Froling a much more likely international prospect for us.

If Giles and Froling commit elsewhere then we probably just head into the spring to see what pops up late through decommitments due to coaches getting fired and players blowing up their senior years.

UNC & SC always seemed to be the top 2 for Seventh Woods. Maybe WF gets onto his final list of schools but those two would be tough to beat.

Maker's recruitment and handlers have turned off some coaches, so possibly Manning felt it wasn't worth his time to put up with the reclassifications & uncertainties. There's still a decent chance he never plays college basketball.

With Freudenberg, WF is likely only looking for true power forwards, not stretch fours or wings (RF is listed as a SF or SG most places). As an example, Harrison Froling has some stretch four tendencies but does have a decent down low skills as well.

Thanks for the info

I think Woods was always going to be a battle between UNC and South Carolina. I doubt we could have made much headway there.

Danny Manning visited Thon Maker back in March and offered both him and his brother. But we never led for him. He never visited and has gone through a host of supposed "leaders". Since he seems to be adding new suitors all the time I suppose it's possible we could get back involved with him, but that seems extremely unlikely.

I don't think we're recruiting Freudenberg and it is probably too late to start. But I suppose it's possible. I would consider Harry Froling a much more likely international prospect for us.

If Giles and Froling commit elsewhere then we probably just head into the spring to see what pops up late through decommitments due to coaches getting fired and players blowing up their senior years.

My favorite prospect in the class is Rawle Alkins its a shame we didn't get involved with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaxyQ5xZpdE

My favorite prospect in the class is Rawle Alkins its a shame we didn't get involved with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaxyQ5xZpdE

We were involved with Alkins earlier in the process and offered him in April. We did not make his final list.

Rawle Alkins: SG, 5-star - Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, Indiana, Louisville, Arizona, Texas, NC State, Maryland, St. John's, and UNLV.

In the future, you should check out the first post of this thread. You can find information there about our 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 prospects, as well as a running list of offered 2016 recruits who chose to commit elsewhere.

We were involved with Alkins earlier in the process and offered him in April. We did not make his final list.

In the future, you should check out the first post of this thread. You can find information there about our 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 prospects, as well as a running list of offered 2016 recruits who chose to commit elsewhere.

Yeah I know just figured it would be nice to talk about recruiting inside of the same Giles stuff over and over and over again

Like everyone else here I hope Giles chooses us. That being said I will be a little bitter if he does not. All the trips here, hanging around and playing pick up games with our guys, and then dumping us would leave a bad taste. Anyway, just my two cents; hope he does not disappoint me.

Agree 100%!!

Not sure if joking or not cause I know Lubbock the town is blah. But I would be worried about that visit. On my visit I was taken by it. The campus is huge and at the time was 2nd biggest in the country (Air Force considers their runways part of their campus), the facilities were great, and the women were bangin.

Tubby Smith gonna swoop in on the vacated UNC visit

Back