• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

#silentverbal #quietnod

Now, I didn't hear this from anyone I consider trustworthy- it's just sort of out there but I will go ahead and put it in here:

Harry and his mom love Manning & Wake.

Harry's dad is a dook lean.

If Self realizes Harry isn't coming to Kansas, he would endorse Wake over any other school. Same for Manning.

This is all rumor mill- but there you go.

I like seeing this. I don't know a thing about Harry's family dynamic, but in most families, mom wins this battle.

Don't think his parents are together, not sure who he actually lived with when he was in WS. At one point HG tweeted at his dad and looking at that account it was pretty clear that his dad really enjoyed Duke.

Strictly speaking that is true, but as long as Randolph is not making it public, i.e telling a reporter, it becomes a moot point. If he says that privately to an alum and some idiot doesn't post it to... oops.

Nice job brain surgeon.

Don't think his parents are together, not sure who he actually lived with when he was in WS. At one point HG tweeted at his dad and looking at that account it was pretty clear that his dad really enjoyed Duke.

Dad's trying to get those seats behind the Duke bench and be on camera 10 times a game.

The comparison to Gray with point guards skills was spot on. Maybe an inch shorter in height.
It's interesting that people are comparing BC to Gray who was ranked #64 in 2002 and played like a top 75 player, and Downey who was unranked in 2001 but played more like a top 75 player. That was sort of the point I was making a month ago. Manning's recruits...based on last year and what I've heard from this year's class...seem to consistently play better than their ranking. I don't think that was true for Wake coaches in the past. A lot of the top 75 ranked talent we brought in the past didn't seem to live up to that tier of talent, and while we brought in lower players that did rise up to that level like Downey, we also brought in a lot of lower busts. We'll see.

Vibes.

It's interesting that people are comparing BC to Gray who was ranked #64 in 2002 and played like a top 75 player, and Downey who was unranked in 2001 but played more like a top 75 player. That was sort of the point I was making a month ago. Manning's recruits...based on last year and what I've heard from this year's class...seem to consistently play better than their ranking. I don't think that was true for Wake coaches in the past. A lot of the top 75 ranked talent we brought in the past didn't seem to live up to that tier of talent, and while we brought in lower players that did rise up to that level like Downey, we also brought in a lot of lower busts. We'll see.

Vibes.

Gray was a great player for WFU until he had to play PG his senior year. The comparison to Gray is physique , athleticism , shooting skill and range. But BC is shorter and has PG skills. I'm not saying Chill is as good as Gray. I think he has a chance to be that good though.

Manning's recruits...based on last year and what I've heard from this year's class...seem to consistently play better than their ranking. I don't think that was true for Wake coaches in the past.

In other words, you have almost zero data to go on, but you're determined to derive a trend from it anyway?

A lot of the top 75 ranked talent we brought in the past didn't seem to live up to that tier of talent, and while we brought in lower players that did rise up to that level like Downey, we also brought in a lot of lower busts. We'll see.

Specifics? I'm sure one of the stats folks around here can run the numbers, but I don't recall Wake's players consistently being worse than expected.

Gray was a great player for WFU until he had to play PG his senior year. The comparison to Gray is physique , athleticism , shooting skill and range. But BC is shorter and has PG skills. I'm not saying Chill is as good as Gray. I think he has a chance to be that good though.

Justin Gray was 2nd team All-ACC as a senior. Sean Singletary was the only other PG with more votes. He was still a great player, just playing out of position.

Goddamn, I miss RJ so much.

Then you don't get it either.

Very, very conservatively, the covers of at least 50% (I'd put the number about 80+%) of all college bball season publications will have Danny and Harry on them. Danny is a college bball legend. Harry is virtually the same player. The story is added to by the Wake NBA connections and the revival of the program. This is a huge and easy story.

By getting Harry, Wake will be on TV many, many more times than if we don't. If Harry has a good season, the Danny/Harry story will grow,

In the run up to the NBA Draft with Harry as #1, the story will grow and Wake will get tens of millions of positive impressions with coaches and players. We will get millions of dollars in free publicity.

Leading up to the draft, there will be tons of stories about CP3, Tim, Danny and Harry, this will also help recruiting.

Each of these alone will help recruiting. Add them all together and the program will benefit for years to come.

If you don't understand these facts, then you don't understand recruiting, college basketball or marketing. Getting Harry isn't just getting Harry.

I like seeing this. I don't know a thing about Harry's family dynamic, but in most families, mom wins this battle.

I'm not divorced so I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but it seems to me the the best thing about being divorced is that you can now do whatever you want to do and you don't worry/care anymore if momma ain't happy. Harry's dad wants duke.

Back