• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16-Samuel Japhet-Mathias commits! Waiting for Giles...

Oh got it. I thought you were saying the pressure was on Harry because it would look bad on him if he didn't visit there. Makes more sense now.
Hey Harry - you don't owe UNC a damn thing. Don't waste your time going to a school you're not gonna attend anyway. Plus, skank is contagious.

Yeah don't buy Harry has any obligation to visit unc just because he planned to at one point. Prospects cancel visits all the time.

C'mon back to Winston Harry.
Correct, there is no obligation but Harry has friends on the team and is enjoying the process of the visits.

It would be pretty awesome if he blew off UNC two times to come hang out at Wake.

Harry Giles will almost certainly be attending a "fan night" event on October 23rd, and it is between WF or UNC. While UNC does not seem like a serious contender with the NCAA violations, it wouldn't be surprising if he visited UNC since he had plans to visit all the finalists and there is pressure on him to actually make the visit (bad PR if an elite in-state prospect doesn't reschedule his visit). Hopefully Manning can convince him to come back and hang out with B Chill and the other players/commits that night.

I can't read it myself but Duke premium board is reporting Giles will take the visit to UNC.

You are sorely mistaken. Random women in their 50s that I work with that are casual Wake fans know who he is. Pretty much everyone in and around Winston is aware.

My neighbor is a divorced woman, late forties, overweight , Multiple cat having and she followed me on Twitter. I couldn't help myself and I looked at her twitter follows and sure enough she follows Harry Giles. I didn't see another basketball player on her list so it's not like she is just a huge hoops fan. It really baffled me. Did I mention, I'm in South Carolina , 3 full hours away from Winston. Weird.

This has got to be one of my all-time favorite dukie message board posts. FANTASTIC:

Califorlife111
[FONT=Roboto !important]In the Rafters
9194 posts this site

X
califorlife111.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Re: Wake Forest is out of scholarships
[COLOR=#004C7D !important]Thursday at 8:56 PM

[COLOR=#004C7D !important][/COLOR]

---------------------------------------------

Ya the only edge Wake has over Duke is location. It's closer to hone. I've never been to NC so don't know how close the two schools are. But either than that you can basically give the edge to Duke and K. Including relationship with the head coach

[/FONT][/COLOR]

This has got to be one of my all-time favorite dukie message board posts. FANTASTIC:

Califorlife111
[FONT=Roboto !important]In the Rafters
9194 posts this site

X
califorlife111.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Re: Wake Forest is out of scholarships
[COLOR=#004C7D !important]Thursday at 8:56 PM

[COLOR=#004C7D !important][/COLOR]

---------------------------------------------

Ya the only edge Wake has over Duke is location. It's closer to hone. I've never been to NC so don't know how close the two schools are. But either than that you can basically give the edge to Duke and K. Including relationship with the head coach

[/FONT][/COLOR]

This is fucking hilarious. From the misspelled words and grammatical errors, to the Duke fan that's never set foot in the state of NC, it's flawless.

Somebody with more computer skills than me badly needs to photoshop the pic and substitute an M for the K ...........

This is fucking hilarious. From the misspelled words and grammatical errors, to the Duke fan that's never set foot in the state of NC, it's flawless.

I quite honestly thought it was a perfectly executed parody until I noticed that he had 9,000 posts. The other dukies didn't blink an eye at a bandwagoner that has never stepped foot in the state of NC.

I won't lie, I wish we were good enough to have bandwagoners who've never stepped foot in NC.

Agreed. And I would hope we wouldn't make fun of them.

Given the level of mockery that we exhibit towards actual fans with degrees from Wake, it is almost certain that this board would run off any band wagon jumpers with poor spelling and grammar. Almost certain, but lets cross that bridge when we have to.

The early list of visitors for Late Night with Roy is out and alas no Harry! Heels have pretty much given up on him. Most expect he is headed to Duke but a minority think Wake.

JP Moorman led all scorers at the North Carolina Phenom 150 Showcase this weekend. He averaged 24 points per game.

The early list of visitors for Late Night with Roy is out and alas no Harry! Heels have pretty much given up on him. Most expect he is headed to Duke but a minority think Wake.

Nah, Harry has been to UNC enough times. He knows what it is like there, so he doesn't need to show up. He will be a Heel.

Agreed. And I would hope we wouldn't make fun of them.

You can consider me a bandwagon wake fan I guess. I am from PA and graduated from Temple University but grew up a wake fan. Saw Duncan play on tv while on family vacation in NC while in elementary school. Just started to play rec Bball myself and became a fan instantly. Went to the local mall the next day, bought a champion TD jersey and have been hooked since.

You can consider me a bandwagon wake fan I guess. I am from PA and graduated from Temple University but grew up a wake fan. Saw Duncan play on tv while on family vacation in NC while in elementary school. Just started to play rec Bball myself and became a fan instantly. Went to the local mall the next day, bought a champion TD jersey and have been hooked since.

You're in.
Welcome to the Wake family.

Back