• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

http://news.wfu.edu/2015/10/19/wfu-to-launch-new-ma-in-sports-storytelling-program/ And we wonder how WFU and other schools get to be $55k/year......

06-29-13-haas-reax-to-11.gif

via Adam Finkelstein

No. 1 Harry Giles (PF, 6-9, 230, Oak Hill Academy (VA)/Winston-Salem NC) -- Duke Blue Devils

Duke has been the presumed leader for Giles since Day 1, and when Giles’ best friend and USA basketball teammate Jayson Tatum came on board in Durham the buzz only got stronger. Giles has taken visits to Wake Forest, Kansas and Kentucky and has only Duke left -- which gives Coach K and staff the chance to make the final impression. The Blue Devils appear to still be firmly in the driver’s seat.

No new info or reasoning

I really want Giles to come to Wake for the normal reasons - he's a great player, seems like a great kid, we need him, etc. But, multiply that desire by a billion to get how much I want him to come to Wake so all of these so-called recruiting analysts and actual ass-clowns will have to eat their words and realize there is actually another school up the road recruiting this kid!!!

I really want Giles to come to Wake for the normal reasons - he's a great player, seems like a great kid, we need him, etc. But, multiply that desire by a billion to get how much I want him to come to Wake so all of these so-called recruiting analysts and actual ass-clowns will have to eat their words and realize there is actually another school up the road recruiting this kid!!!

(quickly deletes all articles)

But they said Wake all along....

(quickly deletes all articles)

But they said Wake all along....

Exactly. I am hoping and praying that Giles is such a cool kid that he reads all of these articles and just laughs to himself, thinking "Man are all these guys going to be surprised!" How cool would that be!

We got Giles. I can feel the vibes. Time to make a name for himself. No better place to start that then your hometown. If he has any marketing advice he should heed the Lebron James debacle. American's like people that invest in their hometown. That is what sells. What to make yourself a global brand? The first thing you have to do is establish your home. Wake Forest is home, and that needs to be the cornerstone of his career.

Hardly any news there by Finklestein. Mentions that Tatum committed to Duke and where Giles has taken OVs to. What a dipshit.

Also, if FSU lands Huell and Azubuike, they would be absolutely loaded in 2016. XRM, Bacon, Isaac, and those 2 plus a solid bench. Holy shit.

Hardly any news there by Finklestein. Mentions that Tatum committed to Duke and where Giles has taken OVs to. What a dipshit.

Also, if FSU lands Huell and Azubuike, they would be absolutely loaded in 2016. XRM, Bacon, Isaac, and those 2 plus a solid bench. Holy shit.
Bacon will probably be a one and done, but yeah, FSU's recruiting is ridiculous right now.

"Giles took his official to Kentucky on Friday where he enjoyed “Big Blue Madness.” The forward will take officials to Kansas, Duke and Wake Forest within the next month as a decision is not expected anytime soon." I don't think this guy knows what he's talking about based on this paragraph. The "expected to stay home and go to Wake Forest" paragraph is intriguing however.

On a different note, if I got to B&G madness around 8 would I definitely have a seat? I don't want to drive in from Charlotte and end up being told to leave at the door.

I read a while back that Giles wanted to win an NCAA championship wherever he goes. If this is true it’s clearly short sited on his part. If he chooses Duke or KU so be it. I just hope his decision is based more on how a school can help him to the next level and not based on winning a championship. I don’t know anything about him as a person but I hope he at least makes the best decision for himself for the long haul.

Yeah, that "Keeping it Heel" article is garbage.

I particularly enjoyed this line:
"For the Tar Heels, it’s another big loss in the recruiting cycle as head coach Roy Williams hasn’t had a No. 1 overall recruit since Harrison Barnes a few years ago."

Oh, it has been a few years since you had the #1 recruit in the country? Hard times.

A poster over at IC prem. keeps promising that Harry is going to pick Wake. At least he seems willing to stick his neck out about it.

I read a while back that Giles wanted to win an NCAA championship wherever he goes. If this is true it’s clearly short sited on his part. If he chooses Duke or KU so be it. I just hope his decision is based more on how a school can help him to the next level and not based on winning a championship. I don’t know anything about him as a person but I hope he at least makes the best decision for himself for the long haul.

we all read/heard about that ncaa champ rumor a long time ago. the current thinking - cough mine cough - appears to be which school/coach will 1 - set him up best for the nba (manning) 2 - surround him with talent to be competitive (dook will have more of course) and 3 - turn-a-round the close to home team that mom loves so she can see him play all the time without getting spit on by k's cursing.

those are my #vibes and i am sticking to them.

To be fair, I had a lot of similar questions that time your mom came over to my house and convinced me to sodomize her with a summer squash. Sure, in the moment it was interesting, but what was it going to be like when it was over? Could I just pull my dirty briefs from her mouth, remove her nipple clamps, and tell her to go home, or would she want to spend the night sleeping in the dog crate again? If the latter, where would my dog sleep? Last time he slept on the couch, but his paws tracked spent lube and your mom's juices from the basement floor all over the upholstery, and it took your mom like an hour to clean it all up. Ultimately, however, the program changer for my situation was Uber. Holy shit, how easy it now was to hail a car to take her used ass home when I was finished penetrating her.
I hate Duke more than anyone, but this is sick. Anyone who would post something like this should have to come out of his cave and defend himself in the light of day. Good grief.

Back