• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Can't we hope for this again?

hqdefault.jpg

Thanks for my new avatar.

Just thought I'd weigh in for what it's worth. Rick Lewis's tweet and all related tweets concerning the date of Harry's announcement being changed have since been deleted. The change has not been confirmed

More importantly, this talk of "rooting for ACL tears" and "Fuck you Harry" need to stop. That's not ok at all. Harry doesn't owe Wake Forest anything. He hasn't committed to anything in any way and in no way has he "strung us along." If he wasn't seriously still weighing his options, he would have let people know. He did, after all, cancel his visit to UNC because he had ruled them out. I interviewed Harry last season and am in frequent contact with one of his close friends who is a Kentucky commit. Harry is extremely conflicted. According to his close friend, we shouldn't rule out any of his final four choices.

And for what it's worth, this friend ruled out Wake about a year ago because they were focused so closely on Harry. He thinks we have a good shot. Duke is still the favorite, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions and we most certainly shouldn't wish any ill will on a young kid trying to figure out his future.

Also, let us remember that Chris Paul wanted to go to UNC but they didn't want him. That's the only reason he came to Wake. Just because a kid is from Winston-Salem doesn't mean he has a responsibility to go to Wake.

Just thought I'd weigh in for what it's worth. Rick Lewis's tweet and all related tweets concerning the date of Harry's announcement being changed have since been deleted. The change has not been confirmed

More importantly, this talk of "rooting for ACL tears" and "Fuck you Harry" need to stop. That's not ok at all. Harry doesn't owe Wake Forest anything. He hasn't committed to anything in any way and in no way has he "strung us along." If he wasn't seriously still weighing his options, he would have let people know. He did, after all, cancel his visit to UNC because he had ruled them out. I interviewed Harry last season and am in frequent contact with one of his close friends who is a Kentucky commit. Harry is extremely conflicted. According to his close friend, we shouldn't rule out any of his final four choices.

And for what it's worth, this friend ruled out Wake about a year ago because they were focused so closely on Harry. He thinks we have a good shot. Duke is still the favorite, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions and we most certainly shouldn't wish any ill will on a young kid trying to figure out his future.

Also, let us remember that Chris Paul wanted to go to UNC but they didn't want him. That's the only reason he came to Wake. Just because a kid is from Winston-Salem doesn't mean he has a responsibility to go to Wake.

Good post, should get us back in the running for the sportsmanship award.

This is why all the effort pisses me off more than just losing straight up.

a32349ba44ef7f6824a8d32b3ec9a7ab.gif

Come on. Any reference to this (and I've only seen one) was clearly made tongue in cheek.

Yeah not so sure about that part.

Also, I have no idea what you mean about the friend that ruled out Wake because they were focused on Harry. That doesn't even make sense to me. Are you saying that Wake should have acted like they didn't care a great recruit was in their backyard and ignore him? It's like the dating analogy really is true.

Yeah, no one wishes any harm on HG3. If he becomes a dukie we will dislike him for as long as he's a basketball player. Pretty standard shit. If he does choose Wake, he's an instahero and everything else is water under the bridge.

Yeah. I'm as upset as anyone (well, maybe less upset than some) but I don't think HG strung us along. I don't think he ruled us out until the past few days (if at all). If the guy chooses to go to Duke (or hopefully UK), it's seriously not a surprising or insulting decision given the current states of the programs. We had as good a shot as we ever would with a #1 guy, except for the state of our program, which definitely stings.

If he does go to Duke, I wish him all the best...in the NBA.

And anyway, as we've learned a few times, a lot can change in a week.

I'm going to refresh this page either A) one million times today or B) until kvegas posts.

Come on kvegas, save me one million F5s.

We are mired deep, deep within the era of unwiped ass.

Right now, I see no light at the end of that tunnel. Just a seemingly endless desert of UNWIPED ASS. Look to your left, to your right. Up and down. Nothing. Save miles and miles upon miles of unwiped ass. Look to the heavens above: unwiped ass. The oceans? Brimming and swimming with unwiped ass. The natural world, its sounds and sights enveloping you in a tight shroud of unwiped ass. The ever expanding universe sprinkled throughout with the mysterious brown holes of unwiped ass. Like a Shakespearean tragedy. Like a funeral dirge, a tsunami of shit and disappointment and abject mediocrity: these are our moments, our experiences in the era of unwiped ass.

No hope. No future. No passion. Rather apathy and the promise of ass unwiped as far as the eye can see; or, even scarier still: as far as the human mind--in all of its evolutionary genius--can imagine.

An eternity of unwiped ass

Weird. This seems like something Kanye West would say.

I am sure BSD has a good source. But unless the source is Harry himself (and I am sure it isn't) then I am not just going to automatically assume it's right. Even the parents have clear agendas here. Not over until it is over.

Thanks for chiming in. Seriously, the hoping for injuries to others and hating Giles if he chooses Duke looks really bad. If he decides to go to Duke or UK, it's a solid choice. We hope he comes to Wake and we present advantages as well. But let's not act like assholes.

Couldn't agree with this more. If anything, people on these boards have effectively strung themselves along by buying into every piece of hype, every little #vibe coming from BSD and other camps which, as we know from past experiences on here, rarely ever turn out the way they initially appear, especially with ~10 days still to go. While it still looks good for Duke (AND ALWAYS HAS!), until next week, we still have a chance.

Back