• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Apparently Goodman tweeted that Giles will announce tomorrow, but then immediately deleted the tweet.

@GoodmanESPN: Harry Giles, who suffered a partially torn ACL in his right knee, told @PaulBiancardi that he will be announcing college decision tomorrow.

WTF iS GOING ON??

Mom and Dad of differing opinions is my (TOTAL) guess.

Apparently Goodman tweeted that Giles will announce tomorrow, but then immediately deleted the tweet.

@GoodmanESPN: Harry Giles, who suffered a partially torn ACL in his right knee, told @PaulBiancardi that he will be announcing college decision tomorrow.

WTF iS GOING ON??

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

Get well soon.

Realizing that much of the reason for HG's recruitment becoming a circus/clusterfuck and subsequent build-up to ESPN hat ceremony is not of his own making (people can speculate on how much is the recruit's fault vs. the environment in which recruitment is taking place, i.e. the process is unfair with coaches being able to pull schollys from committed players before signing LOI; the perceived value of establishing one's "brand" even pre-college, etc.), but here we see the proverbial double-edged sword of too much attention - is the HG brand now best known as "damaged goods"???

Just saying, these guys want all this attention when their newest dunk mixtape drops and they hit 50k twitter followers - well now the entire basketball recruiting community knows a 17 year old has messed up both his knees before playing a game in the NBA, let along college.

Heard that he was announcing tomorrow as well. Not sure what is going down.

would he rather be eased into a team of all-americans that could very well be gelling without him in practice and in game situations, or would he rather be a team leader and unquestioned go-to playing for a guy who has overcome #kneeadversity to be drafted #1 overall, and win championships at every level? if he's healthy, yeah, i think no matter what choice he makes, he's probably #1.
I wondered the same thing. Part of Manning's pitch was recovery from injury and he gets one the very day we supposedly get notified. That's a bit spooky. Maybe he changes his mind...bizarre 12h.

And at least right now in the twittersphere, there seems to be this notion that since he recovered from the first injury so well that another injury will also be easy to recover from. But when he came back from the first injury, he had one good uninjured knee. That won't be the case this time. Not saying he won't fully recover, but will he trust his knees after the second injury? Hard to say. This is starting to feel like Marcus Latimore's situation.

Guys on TDD premium are also saying that Giles is going to announce much sooner than expected, most likely for Duke.

Get well soon.

Realizing that much of the reason for HG's recruitment becoming a circus/clusterfuck and subsequent build-up to ESPN hat ceremony is not of his own making (people can speculate on how much is the recruit's fault vs. the environment in which recruitment is taking place, i.e. the process is unfair with coaches being able to pull schollys from committed players before signing LOI; the perceived value of establishing one's "brand" even pre-college, etc.), but here we see the proverbial double-edged sword of too much attention - is the HG brand now best known as "damaged goods"???

Just saying, these guys want all this attention when their newest dunk mixtape drops and they hit 50k twitter followers - well now the entire basketball recruiting community knows a 17 year old has messed up both his knees before playing a game in the NBA, let along college.

NBA teams tend to do their due diligence about injuries. They aren't relying on what's been written about on the internet.

If I were a #vibing man I would say his mom found out dad committed him without his consent. Unfortunately my vibes are gone.

Hope for nothing but the best during his recovery period and that he makes it back 100%.

ESPN in article about torn ACL said decision was Friday. I guess tomorrow?

how do we know he is picking hats? Do we know what he is picking? Could it be shirts and how would that influence the decision he makes

Back