• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Trevon Duval sounds like a perfect recruiting target for Wake - a point guard who struggles with his jump shot and can't make free throws!

Trevon Duval sounds like a perfect recruiting target for Wake - a point guard who struggles with his jump shot and can't make free throws!

Yet he's #5 in his class.

Do we have a realistic shot at getting either Duval or Scruggs? I look at Duke and UNC and both of them are not slowing down in recruiting. Earlier, we were laughing at NCSU losing the Martin twins and Cat Barber, yet they reloaded with one of the best classes in the nation and some think they are trying to gear up for a title run. Do we see any major talent like that coming in?

It is frustrating to me that we say that Manning has an eye for talent and that he offers kids before they blow up. Well, most coaches have an eye for talent and offering a kid before they blow up is pretty common simply because the recruiting service hasn't scouted them and they haven't reported all of their offers. I believe that we need to either retool the staff to a recruiting type staff (NCSU, UNC, etc.) or invest in some major player development staff (Virgina, Miami, Villanova, etc.).

Brandon Randolph going to cut his list soon. He's probably the best player that we actually have a chance with. Chill got in early and the kid wants to major in Accounting according to a recent article. A ton of tough competition, but we have a shot.

Boy have the trends changed over the past 2-3 years. Before that a ton of players were committed by the July AAU tourneys. Now they are waiting until much later.

Development=Dave Odom...I heard he helps some in practice now....

Seeing as how Chill played for Odom and Odom had some really good defensive teams, likely that Chill reached out to him and it certainly couldn't hurt. :thumbsup:

I would love it if Odom were to get involved. I don't see it happening, however.

No idea why anyone would be opposed to Odom being involved with the team. Especially considering he could have coached circles around our last two head coaches.

Back