• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I kinda envy those of you who have hope. I lost mine with OCC.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17- Melo Eggleston commits to Wake! Vibes?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!

The best shooter on the circuit this year goes to High Point Christian and has visited Wake a few times. Maybe there will be more interest in him eventually.

Last edited:
At this point I feel like we've got a better shot offering early to a guy who blows up than going toe-to-toe with the good programs.

This post is definitive proof some Wake fans will complain about anything.

Lol, what about that possibly struck you as a complaint? I was very clearly lampooning the internet-brigade who take the word-order of 15-year olds' tweetsnaps as gospel.

The best shooter on the circuit this year goes to High Point Christian and has visited Wake a few times. Maybe there will be more interest in him eventually.

This guy mat be the next JJ Redick or Steph Curry and I've never seen him play, but I don't see some lightly recruited local kid this as any type of solution.

At this point I feel like we've got a better shot offering early to a guy who blows up than going toe-to-toe with the good programs.

Doesn't seem to matter. The only guys who take the early offer are the ones who don't blow up later.

It won't happen, but Manning and Brown are pretty close. It would be nice to get him on our bench as an assistant for a few years.

As good of a coach as Larry is, I don't want him anywhere near our program. We have enough problems as it is without worrying about NCAA sanctions.

Not saying any of the guys we offered and got early would have blown up like a Chaundee Brown or a Jon Isaac (Isaac blew up like no player I've seen before, and our guys definitely would not have been five star level), but when a player commits to a place early it kind of takes them away from the spotlight of recruiting analysts. They stop paying attention to kids who have committed somewhere already. My example of that would be Brandon Childress, who post-committing to Wake dropped from top-60 to the low-100's, and Melo Eggleston was as high as ~65 if I remember correctly and now is outside the top-100 because of his injury. Many of us thought that he would jump back into the top-100 once he got healthy and back into the AAU circuit but that likely won't happen solely because he has already committed to Wake.
This is not to say a guy like Richard Washington would have blown up if he had not committed to Wake early (he wouldn't have), but there are definitely some cases that without a commitment I strongly believe the player(s) would have moved up in rankings pretty significantly.

Back