• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Thanks, so KU and Indy are recent offers, Fla the hometown team. When he lists other schools he's interested in, Wake is listed first, though. That's . . . . something, right?

Unless he chooses to be loyal to Wake because we were on him early, it appears he has blown up too much for us.

That sums it up pretty well. I would be somewhat surprised if we fail to get a visit from him.

Thanks, so KU and Indy are recent offers, Fla the hometown team. When he lists other schools he's interested in, Wake is listed first, though. That's . . . . something, right?

Unless he chooses to be loyal to Wake because we were on him early, it appears he has blown up too much for us.

I hate seeing this and it's not even like he's a top 25 player. I mean I know we have sucked for a while but thinking a guy just outside the top 50 has blown up too much for us is a little crazy to me. I guess I'm just trying to be optimistic about Danny and our basketball program.

Reactions: ONW
I hate seeing this and it's not even like he's a top 25 player. I mean I know we have sucked for a while but thinking a guy just outside the top 50 has blown up too much for us is a little crazy to me. I guess I'm just trying to be optimistic about Danny and our basketball program.

He'll be a Five Star recruit when the lists get updated. He wasn't out of our reach as a Top 50 recruit, but he may be now.

And I hate typing it, but it seems that's the way the last few years have gone. Our staff has no problem identifying talent, as many of our early offers blow up and go to a blue blood, and the ones we get, I have been pleasantly surprised by. It may not be all Danny's fault (cue Wellman and [Redacted] posts), but we haven't snagged one of these guys, yet. I'm hoping it only takes one top 25 type to commit to get things going.

If we can get Brown, Randolph and Watson to take official visits, then maybe there's a chance.

And I hate typing it, but it seems that's the way the last few years have gone. Our staff has no problem identifying talent, as many of our early offers blow up and go to a blue blood, and the ones we get, I have been pleasantly surprised by. It may not be all Danny's fault (cue Wellman and [name redacted] posts), but we haven't snagged one of these guys, yet. I'm hoping it only takes one top 25 type to commit to get things going.

If we can get Brown, Randolph and Watson to take official visits, then maybe there's a chance.
That or success on the court.

But without great ACC talent (top 25/50 guys), it requires great coaching and Manning is not at that level (yet?). However, if Manning is able to make some noise with the sophomore Crawford, Moore, & Collins (seemingly top 50/75 type guys) led team that might be enough to break the current recruiting ceiling.

Devon Dotson is visiting NC State and Wake in August. Good to get him on campus.

I've not seen us mentioned with him since Eggleston committed, but Nicholas Claxton officially eliminated Wake today.

Just a quick plug for Les over at Scout. I took advantage of his intro special and have been impressed by his info on basketball recruiting. Definitely recommend to those on the fence about joining

Just a quick plug for Les over at Scout. I took advantage of his intro special and have been impressed by his info on basketball recruiting. Definitely recommend to those on the fence about joining

GEESE GEESE

canada-geese-94356_960_720.jpg

This would be more tempting if there was any actual good news to read

Nothing new in the article. Les is off to a good start on the Scout board!

Does anyone still pay for scout? I think that DeacHeads question was really more along the lines of "are there any Wake pay services out there that are worth a shit?"

Which is a question I am also interested in.

Back