• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I agree that our win/loss record would have looked a good bit different if we had knocked down the good looks from beyond the arc that the offense generated. That and FT.

I think our two biggest issues were FTs and TOs. I can somewhat accept the TOs from the young players, but too many TOs and not enough made FTs came from our two seniors, IMO. Not throwing anyone under the bus, but maybe it is addition in a wired sense by subtraction.

I think our two biggest issues were FTs and TOs. I can somewhat accept the TOs from the young players, but too many TOs and not enough made FTs came from our two seniors, IMO. Not throwing anyone under the bus, but maybe it is addition in a wired sense by subtraction.

So, you're throwing Codi and Devin under the bus?

Codi and Devin were not good

They weren't and they were responsible for a lot of our issues last year, but Scoop1985 absolutely threw them under the bus. lol

McClinton aside (and I can't imagine that he is going to make any sort of impact) this year is the first without [Redacted]'s recruits. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out from an intangibles perspective.

Don't know about that but he is impressing folks. Should be interesting to see how he does in the islands.

I'm actually happy about the silence (at least on free sites) about the freshmen. I prefer this to the pathetic hype machine. Let's get some stats out of the Bahamas at least.

I'm actually happy about the silence (at least on free sites) about the freshmen. I prefer this to the pathetic hype machine. Let's get some stats out of the Bahamas at least.

I liked it, because you could still usually tell who was going to be completely worthless based on the lack of summer hype.

This. Our summer practice reports have been as reliable an indicator as Blom's buffet table skills. And in the absence of any direct knowledge, there's no way anyone should expect SJM to be more of a "college-ready" center than Moore...

A lot of good things being said regarding big Sam.

I love this about Big Sam.........

Son of Japhet and Confidence
• Has two brothers, David and Miracle, and one sister, Goodness

These are great names!
What a family

Sam has stood out but may as well wait on the games next week.

Sam has stood out but may as well wait on the games next week.

Any inclination on what his most "college ready" skill set is? Are you thinking rim protector, rebounding, smooth post game, running the floor?

Back