• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I think Richard Washington can shoot at a good clip. I"d prefer to see him contribute then a guy who is profiling himself for the NBA above all else.

The biggest concern to me is his usage rate and how that fits into the offense.

Assuming Collins leaves, we have Bryant, Woods, and Brown as our primary usage players. Is there room for another 30%+ usage player? Can he tone down the usage? Who knows.

It seems like we have good pieces right now on the team and he may not be the best fit for what's around him.

Of those three, Crawford is the only one who needs to be a high usage player. Woods seemed to struggle to stay efficient. Brown looks like a gap filler on offense. I think we'd be better next year if Woods or Brown comes off the bench. Alstork's usage skyrocketed last season, probably by necessity.

Sometimes usage is skewed because the answer to the question of "who else will shoot the ball?" is "nobody" Thus by default one guy takes a lot of shots. Particularly if that was a one year thing. There should be plenty of shots in Wake's offense, even if the usage goes down. Will he be willing and able to fit in???

Anybody have any insight about the high turnover rate? Is he trying to pass too much in traffic, does he have pretty loose handles or?????

What (I think) I saw in that video:

Smooth stroke from deep
Can finish with either hand around the basket
Quick first step
Strength to finish at the rim

Looks to have the athleticism to help us improve on D. That turnover thing is a bit concerning.

On a side note: I'd for once like to see a mixtape that used a rock music bed instead of these repetitive loops. That one sounded like something from "The Omen".

From the tape, I'll bet a bunch of the turnovers were on those behind the back no look passes, and the long diagonal pass through most of the defense. A lot more of the latter particularly will get stolen in ACC play. He also won't be able to drive on ACC defenders as easily as it looks on the tape.

But wow, nice shooting stroke and NBA range. A bunch of those threes were from real deep.

Sign him up. I'm sold. 4 guards and Sarr/Dinos playing the 5. Let's run and gun

Dotson
Hoard
Mucius

Make it happen.

for those thinking we would be better without him...please stop trying to post on basketball threads. please

for those thinking we would be better without him...please stop trying to post on basketball threads. please

lol there's a difference between "better without him" and "better off going after a position we actually need"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to imagine Michigan not getting him if they want him.

lol there's a difference between "better without him" and "better off going after a position we actually need"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a starting SF. We've had plenty of discussion about that.

He's 6-5, so he could be either.

I have assumed that Brown will start from day 1, and if not then it would be Bryant, Mitch, Woods against the OOC schedule until we hit the ACC.

Hard to believe there are people who would rather start a freshman we haven't seen over a 22 year old NBA prospect who scored 19 a game last year.

Back