• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Couple of things I noticed, he missed the FT but followed his shot for a dunk. Also he doesn't "just" shoot the three but will take it to the hoop if he has an opening and is a good finisher (from this vid at least), the turnovers are concerning but I would take him. He shot 85% from the line which is another big plus

When it comes to grad transfers you look at the positions you need of course but you also take the best player you can possibly get. We saw how important experience is in the NCAAT and the dude can ball. If you can get him, take him.

He shot 40% from 2s this year. He also had a below average offensive rating (98), which isn't awful since he was responsible for 34% of his team's possessions, but it's still not great.

I'm not saying that we would be better off without him, I've never seen him play and am solely looking at his stats. He doesn't seem like the greatest fit. Could he come in and start at the 3? Of course, that would be great.

The question isn't really Alstork vs. Brown, but rather Alstork vs. another grad transfer that could help our frontcourt deficiency should Collins leave.

I don't know how those stats that he achieved translate to the ACC, but against A+B Tier teams his offensive rating dropped to 96, which is lower than every single player on our team last year except Doral Moore and Greg McClinton.

Last edited:
Arians balled out against K-State. We need that kind of urgency in the postseason.

Yeah I know, but I just think Alstork is better all around. Like D Wade is better than JJ Redick.

Yeah, there's a pretty good chance this guy is better at defense because he doesn't have negative foot speed, and it appears he can shoot the three decently/get to the basket. It just depends on what you're looking for as a fit within your team.

His 2-pt percentage is horrendous, so I'm guessing he takes a lot of long twos, which isn't a smart shot. If Manning gets him and can break him of bad habits that cause low offensive efficiency then I'm all for it.

Yeah, there's a pretty good chance this guy is better at defense because he doesn't have negative foot speed, and it appears he can shoot the three decently/get to the basket. It just depends on what you're looking for as a fit within your team.

His 2-pt percentage is horrendous, so I'm guessing he takes a lot of long twos, which isn't a smart shot. If Manning gets him and can break him of bad habits that cause low offensive efficiency then I'm all for it.

I would hope his teammates would be better at Wake, so he wouldn't need to force it as much.

Alstork would start for us. Would be a great addition. We add Sarr and keep Collins....its on brothers. Obviously would require a transfer, but my guess is that is already in the works if Collins indeed might stay.

If Collins stays then, hell yes, Alstork is a perfect fit. More likely, Collins bolts and we have a huge glaring hole in the frontcourt and we are probably not getting two grad transfers. That is what some of us are saying.

Jeff Borzello‏ Twitter Feed

Washington transfer Noah Dickerson told ESPN that Virginia, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, Baylor have reached out to him. Could return to UW.

If Collins stays then, hell yes, Alstork is a perfect fit. More likely, Collins bolts and we have a huge glaring hole in the frontcourt and we are probably not getting two grad transfers. That is what some of us are saying.
We more than likely still have a glaring hole at wing defender right now. I don't think Chaundee is gonna step in and be able to be that guy Day 1.

We more than likely still have a glaring hole at wing defender right now. I don't think Chaundee is gonna step in and be able to be that guy Day 1.

He'll obviously have a lot to learn, but from day 1 it'll be improved over what we experienced there on defense all of last season.

I hope if we land one of Mucius or Hoard it doesn't dissuade the other from committing. Both would get a ton of playing time and maybe both start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back