• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

In terms of the BSD article, great write up. I think I would prefer one PG, three SF's though. We would have three centers on the roster and only one true SF on the roster from what I can tell. Two of those SF's would start, Mucius could easily be a 4 with his size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of the BSD article, great write up. I think I would prefer one PG, three SF's though. We would have three centers on the roster and only one true SF on the roster from what I can tell. Two of those SF's would start, Mucius could easily be a 4 with his size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the way the offers are structured, I think they are targeting three of them. Assuming the top choices seem to be Newman, Mucius, and Hoard, that's a SG plus two guys who are 6'8" and able to play multiple spots.

He's a big in size 6'8" but he's got the ability to play as a guard/wing. So he's versatile. Probably will even out as a swing forward that can play from the 2-4 (or maybe even the 5 in small ball lineups). As a recent example, possibly something like Cornelius Hudson flexibility, which would be nice.
As Wes Durham said about Brandon Ingraham (channeling his inner Yogi Berra), he's not as big as most kids his size.

Makes the most sense.

Wonder if we are ever going to hire an assistant coach or if it's just assumed to be Bauman. Haven't heard anything on that front and we are into the AAU recruiting cycle.

Makes the most sense.

Wonder if we are ever going to hire an assistant coach or if it's just assumed to be Bauman. Haven't heard anything on that front and we are into the AAU recruiting cycle.

I've heard again (but still seen no actual evidence) that someone from WF may still join Ballard's staff. Could be part of the delay in that Bauman (assumption) is still in limbo.

Last edited:
I wondered if Bauman may take an assistant job w/ Ballard, freeing up the DBO here and also an assistant job.

That would seeming be the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Unsure of what George Lynch did at SMU, but moving to DBO, while we hire somebody else more qualified as the new assistant would make the most sense to me.

Important information: If you're looking for information about the current Washburn head coach, it is Brett Ballard with two t's, not one.

That's interesting. Very strong offer list. #27 on the 247 composite. LSU and Texas offered yesterday.

Funny that he tweeted a Joel pic from when he was a toddler.

@EvanDaniels
Charlie Moore is a big pickup for Kansas. Quick PG who can really score. Jayhawks continue to thrive on transfer market.

3 years of eligibility starting in 2018. May impact Devon Dotson?

@EvanDaniels
Charlie Moore is a big pickup for Kansas. Quick PG who can really score. Jayhawks continue to thrive on transfer market.

Possibly but Florida is going full bore after him. So they might be the co-favorite.

It seems that it has shifted recently from Kansas to UF with White pushing really hard.

Kansas already with 3 spots filled for 2018 in transfers alone with Moore and the Lawson bros.

@EvanDaniels

Whoa, didn't know he was transferring. South Side Chicago, baby!

Back