• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Melo has a strong offer sheet. Would love it if he could be a Jamal Levy type guy. We need glue guys like that. Or are they totally different players? I really don't know

Or maybe Donavan Mitchell ends up being a Jaamal Levy type. Who knows but I want another Levy damn it.

i too have been pining for jamaal levy for many years

however, he is way better in our memories than he was in real life

Yeah, he didn't light the world on fire but he averaged 10 and 8 his Junior year with 1 steal per game and was a really good defender. Could defend 3-4 positions iirc. A lot of that could have to do with the fact CP3 handed him layups though.

Disagree. He was exactly what his team needed and he would immensely help this team as well. He was a glue guy that complimented the offense stalwarts well and would so again.

Last edited:
Defensive 1st team All ACC too. Just looked up his bio and forgot about that nice little accolade. I reckon we coulda used that last season

Where have you gone Jamaal Levy, Deacon nation turns its lonely eyes to you. Whoo whoo whoo. What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson? Heaven holds a place for those who stay (four years) hey hey hey, hey hey hey

Give me Levy and Songalia type guys to go with the slew of shooters we have...That's a world I want to live in.

The only problem I ever had with Levy was shooting technical free throws in the sweet 16 when the game was on the line...And that wasn't even his fault. Agree that he regressed a bit his senior year.

I think I'd rather have a few more pieces to glue together before I start hoping for glue guys; ya know, as long as we're wishing. Once we get the Teagues, Aminus and Johnsons back, then we can focus on the glue. A lot of times those guys create glue guys as well, as the roles of scorer and set up guy are already taken. So if you want PT, you become glue.

Last edited:
Give me 2016 squad with Levy starting at the 4 next to JC and bring Dinos off the bench. That team wins 2-3 more ACC games and most likely gets past K-State. I love hypotheticals.

Give me 2016 squad with Levy starting at the 4 next to JC and bring Dinos off the bench. That team wins 2-3 more ACC games and most likely gets past K-State. I love hypotheticals.

Oh, I agree. I also think an Aminu, Teague or Johnson would have won us a few more games too. Like I said, as long as we're wishing. ;)

Cole Swider makes list of Top 5 Most Dangerous Shooters in 2018 Class.

I hated Levy as a senior, loved as a younger guy, but it seemed like his senior year he was constantly getting beat back door!

Did that happen all season? I only remember it in the WVU game, but that's enough of a bad memory to block out the rest of the season.

A Jamal Levy type would be a nice piece for our team. Melo looks to me to be a very different player than Jamal, but all i've seen are the brief highlight reels and about half of the recent all-star game he played in (Cap Classic?).

Wiggins got a Florida offer today

Another Wesleyan kid, Ian Steere, got an FSU offer. He's getting a ton of new interest in the past couple weeks.

Man I was a huge Levy fan...the guy weighed 180 soaking wet and played some PF for us...because we needed him to play PF. He always played hard and hustled. Would love another Levy!

55b7ae170c550aa55931d88efa04821d.jpg

Back