• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-already-ranked-and-trending-up-in-2018

Predictions of Devoe to Florida and Lascewski to Wake. Would love to have both

Also Dotson to Kansas. Something must be happening for him to predict Wake after recent predictions of Wisconsin and ND. Laszewski is going to be a real nice player once he gets some meat on him. I love the idea of a stretch 4 who can take it to the basket.

Good to see an Anferee among all the Shaq millennials.

Been recruiting him for much longer than those schools and has seen him play a ton the last few months. Wisconsin and Notre Dame only offered like 2 weeks ago once he started blowing up.

Gotcha. Hope it pays off. Devoe, Wright, Hoard, Mucius, Laszewski would be one heck of a class.

Gotcha. Hope it pays off. Devoe, Wright, Hoard, Mucius, Laszewski would be one heck of a class.

I think we'd all be ecstatic with that class even without Devoe. Hoard, Mucius, and Brown playing together for a couple of years sounds like a ton of fun.

Oh I agree. Devoe would be icing. I really like his game.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- 2018 recruits Devoe, Mucius, & Roberts set OVs

Bourrc9 said:
Been recruiting him for much longer than those schools and has seen him play a ton the last few months. Wisconsin and Notre Dame only offered like 2 weeks ago once he started blowing up.

Danny saw him play a ton in July. Not many players get the HC there for that many games.

And we were one of the original 3 or 4 P5 schools recruiting him hard.

Will we have enough scholarships for 5 commits without assuming a transfer?
No. We have enough space for 3 players right now (2 open spots + Mitch's spot). Unconfirmed but probably assume that WF picks up another guard only if Crawford is likely going to actually leave, in that case the fourth takes his spot. Which means one player would have to leave WF for one reason or another next season if WF had a fifth spot.

Last edited:
No. We have enough space for 3 players right now (2 open spots + Mitch's spot). Unconfirmed but probably assume that WF picks up another guard only if Crawford is likely going to actually leave, in that case the fourth takes his spot. Which means one player would have to leave WF for one reason or another next season if WF had a fifth spot.

Interesting. Would Danny 100% take a commitment from everyone on our "list" (Hoard, Lascewski, mucius, and Devoe) and figure the rest out later? I would assume with three four star, maybe two and one five star SF the writing would be on the wall for some guys in regards to playing time and they may leave based on that. IF Crawford is leaving hats a different story - but if they take commitments from all of these guy and he doesn't enter the draft that seems like what most of us preach to hate about Coach K.

I don't think we'll get a commitment from all of them (mainly because I don't think Mucius comes here if two other great SF's come as well) so it's obviously hypothetical. I could see a class of wright, Hoard, Lascewski, and Devoe.

Interesting. Would Danny 100% take a commitment from everyone on our "list" (Hoard, Lascewski, mucius, and Devoe) and figure the rest out later? I would assume with three four star, maybe two and one five star SF the writing would be on the wall for some guys in regards to playing time and they may leave based on that. IF Crawford is leaving hats a different story - but if they take commitments from all of these guy and he doesn't enter the draft that seems like what most of us preach to hate about Coach K.

I don't think we'll get a commitment from all of them (mainly because I don't think Mucius comes here if two other great SF's come as well) so it's obviously hypothetical. I could see a class of wright, Hoard, Lascewski, and Devoe.

1) I would be shocked if Crawford comes back. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked.
2) Somebody will transfer. Somebody always transfers.

I know this is all hypothetical, but right now we have plenty of scholarships available and a whole lot of time to figure out 2018. These things have a way of working themselves out.

Also, we still have an open spot for 2017... That seems more likely to get resolved soon (hopefully). It's at least more pressing.

I know this is all hypothetical, but right now we have plenty of scholarships available and a whole lot of time to figure out 2018. These things have a way of working themselves out.

Also, we still have an open spot for 2017... That seems more likely to get resolved soon (hopefully). It's at least more pressing.
2 open spots actually

I think we obviously take Hoard. Then we probably would take the first to commit from Mucius or Lascewski.

You take all of them and figure it out later. Never turn down top 100 talent at positions of need.

Take them all. Have at least 3 open schollys and always have the Childress option as a backup plan. He's obviously earned a scholarship, but if it came down to it, could have him walk on for a year and pay his dad accordingly. That means you just need 1 transfer or someone to go pro. Seems almost a certainty that one of these would occur. Gonna be very tough to land all "4" of our targets so prolly a moot point anyway, but you definitely dont back off any of their recruitments because of the scholarship issues.

Back