• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I think best case scenario is that we get 3 of our top remaining 6 targets. I couldn't see us taking 4 more = 5 total this class.

We are already going to shift some things around to make room.

I think best case scenario is that we get 3 of our top remaining 6 targets. I couldn't see us taking 4 more = 5 total this class.

We are already going to shift some things around to make room.

There is something to be said for needing to shift things to make room for top 100 recruits instead scrounging for bodies to fill the roster. I like a coach who has this kind of problem.

So if Hoard, Mucius, and Laszewski commit on Sept 16, Manning is just going to tell Ayo to stay home? Hell no.

So if Hoard, Mucius, and Laszewski commit on Sept 16, Manning is just going to tell Ayo to stay home? Hell no.

Hell no but what do we do? Just boot a good kid like Dick Wash/Donovan or a Big man off the team?

As soon as I posted that I realized that it's pretty much what the blue bloods and other big programs do...so I reckon I'd rather live in that world than a moral superiority one.

Hell no but what do we do? Just boot a good kid like Dick Wash/Donovan or a Big man off the team?

I don't know. I do wish we had two more top 100 recruits coming in this year. After losing both PFs, I bet Manning is going to over recruit and figure it out later.

If Wash and Donovan end up being key pieces on an NCAAT team this year, then maybe we will have an issue.

You forget that Chill can go off scholly and BC has a good chance of going pro. We take them and work it out later.

I can think of 4 players who may not be back next year based on how things go this year. So sign up as many of the best players as you can and sort it out later.

From the Nike Academy game:

sfDSFyl
sfDSFyl
sfDSFyl.png

Dosunmu is super fast and quick. He gets to the rim with ease. Jumper is very funky looking.

ESPN updated their 2018 rankings yesterday
Wright Jr - 4* (82 pts), #26 SG

Hoard - 5*, #19 overall, #4 SF *
Dosunmu - 4*, #29 overall, #7 PG *
Laszewski - 4*, #51 overall, #14 PF *
Devoe - 4*, #56 overall, #15 PG
Mucius - 4*, #71 overall, #17 SF
Roberts - 4* (80 pts), #35 PF

* - Hoard, Dosunmu, and Laszewski are ranked as the #1 player in their respective states

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain we can't just take Brandon off scholarship and not have it count towards our total. He was a "recruited" athlete out of high school, which makes him just like everyone else in the eyes of the NCAA. He will count towards our 12 scholarship limit at this point, whether he is on scholarship or not.

I'm pretty certain we can't just take Brandon off scholarship and not have it count towards our total. He was a "recruited" athlete out of high school, which makes him just like everyone else in the eyes of the NCAA. He will count towards our 12 scholarship limit at this point, whether he is on scholarship or not.
Childress actually could be taken off scholarship and not count against the limit. Much like how players are sometimes lose their scholarship for various reasons but are allowed to continue in school at their own cost. What cannot happen is that Childress could never receive any form of financial assistance from the school because that would trigger the scholarship counter. But because Randolph has been at the school long enough (I forget the exact length required), his employee tuition offset perk does not trigger the scholarship counter provision.

Last edited:
Back