• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

wfubball.jpg

To be clear, we only have two open scholarships for the C/O 2018 assuming no attrition (biggest assumption obvi)? Sarr and Wright not listed above.

I don't get why we can't just give big Chill a raise for the amount of little Chill's scholarship.

"I told myself when I know where I want to go there's no need to wait and I'll go ahead and commit."

Getting one of the earlier visits from Ayo is a big deal. He may not take all five before deciding.

I don't get why we can't just give big Chill a raise for the amount of little Chill's scholarship.

If he helps pull in a huge class, he'll deserve it anyway.

given the amount of high talent names we're in thick with and lack of current 18 schollies what's your preference list?

1. Hoard
2. Ayo
3. I can't decide b/w Mucius and Laszewski
4. ditto
5. Devoe
6. Roberts

Probably about the same.

Scholarship problems will fix themselves. Players that aren't going to play tend to leave. Additionally we can always pull Chill's scholly as his tuition I believe is almost fully covered since his dad has been an employee of WFU for enough years. As was mentioned, if Chill pulls in that kind of talent he deserves a raise anyway. There is also a less than zero chance that BC earns consideration to be drafted this year which would free up another spot. Give me a 5 man class every day of the week and twice on Sundays with those level of players.

Actually if Sarr can play PF, we will have plenty of length with Crawford, Chaundee, and Melo.

Scholarship problems will fix themselves. Players that aren't going to play tend to leave. Additionally we can always pull Chill's scholly as his tuition I believe is almost fully covered since his dad has been an employee of WFU for enough years. As was mentioned, if Chill pulls in that kind of talent he deserves a raise anyway. There is also a less than zero chance that BC earns consideration to be drafted this year which would free up another spot. Give me a 5 man class every day of the week and twice on Sundays with those level of players.

Yeah I think we give out 4 more scholarships for this class. Only question is if the staff will take the fourth commitment before a spot has opened up.

All aboard the Ayo bandwagon. That Scout article gave me a chubby. To hell with Enfield and hot wife.

"I told myself when I know where I want to go there's no need to wait and I'll go ahead and commit."

Getting one of the earlier visits from Ayo is a big deal. He may not take all five before deciding.

You can tell that he's really enthusiastic about the vision that Manning presents of Wake Forest and Wake Forest basketball, too. Wake entered his recruitment pretty late in the game and has quickly shot up to the top of his list.

It's cool to see this sentiment reflected in a lot of recent recruits' interviews after the Lost Years.

You can tell that he's really enthusiastic about the vision that Manning presents of Wake Forest and Wake Forest basketball, too. Wake entered his recruitment pretty late in the game and has quickly shot up to the top of his list.

It's cool to see this sentiment reflected in a lot of recent recruits' interviews after the Lost Years.
I agree. WF could really be selling him on Crawford having a strong chance to go pro so the opportunity is there for him to be the man in the WF backcourt.

Anyone know the details on Ayo's recruitment? It appears to be an early scholarship offer that Ayo began to seriously consider just recently and has progressed to an official visit and genuine interest.

we offered him right after we landed sharone wright and hired jamil jones. it was relatively late (mid-May) for 18 offer, and after signing another combo guard so iirc there was speculation (never confirmed) that jones brought an existing relationship over.

Back