• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Watched a little video of DeVoe. I'm sure some of my impressions were influenced by his being left-handed, but I saw a little Jalen Rose in his game. Definitely shows signs of being crafty.

Devoe is RSCI 69 which would make him our highest rated PG recruit since Teague.

Also, has 247 been updated since end of July? Devoe made fairly big jumps in ESPN and Rivals during the last updates, so I'm wondering if he's due for a bump on 247 (ranked 89th, fourteen points higher than the next highest rating).

A Hoard, Devoe, Mucius, Wright class would be our best class since . . .

From a pure rankings standpoint AT&T was better but Tony and Ty were redundant. The 2010 class lacked a 5 star recruit.

I'd go with the 2002 class of BigE (#38), Jgray (#61), Strick (#82), Chris Ellis, garbage time hall of famer Richard Joyce, and motherfucking John Buck

DCDeac; said:
I'll admit I've been kinda psyched at the thought of Ayo and only recently got around to digging into the Devoe coverage.

Holy shit that guy is legit. I'm not even sure I have a preference between the two. We're going to be fucking awesome.

Welcome to the DeVoe bandwagon

It seems like we have the surrounding cast such that I'd like to see a "rock solid" floor leader stay for a few years. If that's Devoe, great. Nothing wrong with having a one-and-done PG either but I'm feeling like taking the long-term (still terrifically talented guy) and surrounding him with the shorter-term pro prospects will be a good recipe for the next few seasons.

Is Ayo likely one and done?

Is Ayo likely one and done?

No. Which motivates him. His Twitter cover picture is a tweet from some recruiting guru saying he wasn't a UK type player, meaning a one and done. He tweeted that he's going to be in NBA 2k20.

In a vacuum or if I was certain Crawford was gone after this year I would take Ayo. He's more likely to be ready to go from day one.

If Crawford is sticking around for his senior year then it's a close call and I can see the argument for taking the guy that is likely to stick around 3-4 years.

On the whole I think the best bet is just to take the player you think is better and let the chips fall where they may as far as attrition. To me that is still Ayo though I don't think the difference is as great as their respective rankings might suggest.

I'd be thrilled with either one, and more thrilled with both.

Weird no new Crystal Ball predictions on 247 with Devoe announcing his commitment date last night.

Devoe is too good where we couldn't possible not take him and he's making his decision before Ayo. Sounds like we'll still recruit Ayo regardless. They are also completely different type players. If we needed a lead guard to play big minutes Devoe would be more ready from day 1 than Ayo to lead the team IMO.

I've fully swung from Ayo to Devoe in the last 48 hours. May it be so.

#nogreenforbuckets

I'm cool with no green handle but getting Devoe, he's legit

Ayo could still be a Deac

giphy.gif

No. Which motivates him. His Twitter cover picture is a tweet from some recruiting guru saying he wasn't a UK type player, meaning a one and done. He tweeted that he's going to be in NBA 2k20.

20 freshman were one and done last year, 17 the year before. I think any top 25 recruit has to be considered a likely, or at least potential, one and done.

I'll be happy with either Ayo or Devoe. Getting both seems improbable but if you don't try it won't happen. I'd like to remind everyone that last years "successor" to Bryant Crawford is still a member of the team. Childress will make anyone striving to become the starting PG earn that position.

Hoard definitely has a decent chance of being Wake's first one and done.

Which is why it was huge to get Mucius and why Melo is a huge part of this team. And why Manning is going hard after Wendell Moore and other 2019 wings.

Back