• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

This may have been mentioned before, but in addition to following all the WF accounts, he also unfollowed all of the Cal (and any other school) accounts

RDJ_Woah.gif

Yeah, so it does sound like he is ours now. So, how good is he? Maybe said another way, are we primarily interested because we realized late that we needed a body with Collins likely going and he may be best left avaiable, or is he really good and we would have wanted him anyway? Maybe that is harder to tell given he mostly played overseas?

i think he would be a normal target under normal circumstances and he's an even more important target given the situation

he's listed as a 4 star on the major sites, though not ranked

Yeah, so it does sound like he is ours now. So, how good is he? Maybe said another way, are we primarily interested because we realized late that we needed a body with Collins likely going and he may be best left avaiable, or is he really good and we would have wanted him anyway? Maybe that is harder to tell given he mostly played overseas?

Both Scout and Rivals list him as a four star recruit. I believe that would make him Manning's third most highly rated recruit since he's been here.

Hadn't see this Draft Express breakdown posted:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Olivier-Sarr-83107/

He really sounds like Doral. That's good considering it was from a year ago. Looks like he has plenty of upside.

I think he'll mainly ride the bench behind a two headed monster of SJM and Doral.

Sarr just moves and runs a lot smoother/ more fluidly for a big man than Doral. His game might be similar in template, but he seems like an entirely different type of athlete.

Hadn't see this Draft Express breakdown posted:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Olivier-Sarr-83107/

He really sounds like Doral. That's good considering it was from a year ago. Looks like he has plenty of upside.

I think he'll mainly ride the bench behind a two headed monster of SJM and Doral.

That write up makes him sound like great raw material for Danny and the S&C staff to work with. Get him stronger, teach him some low post moves. His weaknesses sound like things he could learn. His strengths seem like things you either have, or don't have. 6-11, long arms and big hands you can't teach. Footwork, getting stronger and defensive positioning can be fixed with time and work.

I would be happy get him. I also wouldn't count on him being a huge contributor next year.
I said a while back that if Coach Manning could start what he seemed to be able to accomplish at KU, which is to bring in a well-regarded big man every year and then give them time to turn into Jeff Withey or Thomas Robinson, we would be much better off. If either Moore of Japhet-Matthias could pop next year, then we would be positioned to have continuous production from the center position for 3-4 years.

I would be happy get him. I also wouldn't count on him being a huge contributor next year.
I said a while back that if Coach Manning could start what he seemed to be able to accomplish at KU, which is to bring in a well-regarded big man every year and then give them time to turn into Jeff Withey or Thomas Robinson, we would be much better off. If either Moore of Japhet-Matthias could pop next year, then we would be positioned to have continuous production from the center position for 3-4 years.

I agree with this and believe that it's our best chance at consistent success under Manning.

Let Chill develop the guards and Danny the big men. And then get guys like Chaundeac who should be ready to go from day one.

Sarr has a much better mixtape than Doral

Doral was highly rated based on potential, Sarr looks like he's got more ability to contribute right away

A taller John Collins if you will

Let Chill develop the guards and Danny the big men. And then get guys like Chaundeac who should be ready to go from day one.

i agree. let's have guards that improve, and big men that improve, but also let's get some guys that are really good right away (but also hopefully get better). #championship

Twitter has really undermined the need for any pay-for-Insider sites. Totally agree that everything people are saying about us being the favorite for Sarr is solely based on his recent Twitter follows.

I don't know, the dude could just be totally fucking with us. Like an e-version of reaching for the other hat before smiling and saying "naaah" and then grabbing the real hat.

I don't know, the dude could just be totally fucking with us. Like an e-version of reaching for the other hat before smiling and saying "naaah" and then grabbing the real hat.

I wouldn't be mad. That would be hilarious. I can imagine him sitting at a table with four berets. He puts on the Wake beret and then takes it off, and whips out his phone to unfollow all the Wake people. Then he puts on a UCF beret and Facetimes with Johnny Dawkins and Tacko Fall to celebrate.

Back