• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Yeahhhhh, Hoard is next, obvs. We got this shit. Manning and Chill perfecting the dark arts!

So Collins comes back and we land Sarr,..that pretty much how things are looking at this point?

Next year will be fun

Hoard is so very nice. I like Sarr and think he has a much higher ceiling than either of our current two centers mainly because of his feet. He is very light footed. He runs like a guard. I ththink in eventually sarr will be able to guard both post positions which will be nice. Have no idea about his shot because I didn't see anything outside of 2 feet s I am guessing it isn't very consistent but I just liked how lightly he ran. I really hope we land him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoard is so very nice. I like Sarr and think he has a much higher ceiling than either of our current two centers mainly because of his feet. He is very light footed. He runs like a guard. I ththink in eventually sarr will be able to guard both post positions which will be nice. Have no idea about his shot because I didn't see anything outside of 2 feet s I am guessing it isn't very consistent but I just liked how lightly he ran. I really hope we land him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

"that will be oliver's ultimate decision, does he want to live in a deadly auschwitz cigarette factory little town that has killed millions in the racist south or does he want to want to pursue the haas b-school in the diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area?

but to answer your question, i no longer consider him a cal commit"

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?101282-cal-s-monster-class-deux/page273

The recruiting expert Shocky has spoken. He got himself banned from WF's scout site with similar babble. That thread is eye cancer causing level ridiculous.

"that will be oliver's ultimate decision, does he want to live in a deadly auschwitz cigarette factory little town that has killed millions in the racist south or does he want to want to pursue the haas b-school in the diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area?

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?101282-cal-s-monster-class-deux/page273

The recruiting expert Shocky has spoken. He got himself banned from WF's scout site with similar babble. That thread is eye cancer causing level ridiculous.

Holy shit. What an ignorant douche.

Sorry, but the East Bay isn't nearly as nice as the San Fran side.

I agree with this and believe that it's our best chance at consistent success under Manning.
Withey and TRob were both top 50 recruits, so Manning had a lot to work with. I'm impressed with Manning so far, but it's best to remember that Manning was developing Kansas level recruits at Kansas. He's developing Wake level recruits now. We can't count on 3 star players developing like Collins has.

Withey and TRob were both top 50 recruits, so Manning had a lot to work with. I'm impressed with Manning so far, but it's best to remember that Manning was developing Kansas level recruits at Kansas. He's developing Wake level recruits now. We can't count on 3 star players developing like Collins has.

Manning beat out Kansas for Chaudee. Does that make Chaudee a Kansas level recruit or a Wake level recruit?

Chaundeac is a top 50 Kansas level recruit. That doesn't mean Kansas won't land 1 or 2 guards in this class higher rated than he is. Teams like Kansas and Duke sometimes slowplay those type of recruits while they are waiting on the one and dones to decide. Doesn't matter, he is going to be a beast. My only point was that I think we need to temper our expectations of Manning being able to "develop" our recruits with the same success he had at Kansas.

Chaundee is #31 on ESPN and #39 on Rivals and Scout.

As to Danny's success at KU versus Wake, I think JC's "development" speaks for itself.

I tried to explore this issue when Manning was first named Wake's coach. I knew he had the reputation of being one of the best big men coaches in the country, but wanted to see how much validity there was to that statement. Even though he had 'Kansas Level Recruits,' those players all seemed to overachieve relative to expected offensive rating based on high school recruiting ranking: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4...e-forest-kansas-big-man-coach-thomas-robinson

I tried to explore this issue when Manning was first named Wake's coach. I knew he had the reputation of being one of the best big men coaches in the country, but wanted to see how much validity there was to that statement. Even though he had 'Kansas Level Recruits,' those players all seemed to overachieve relative to expected offensive rating based on high school recruiting ranking: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4...e-forest-kansas-big-man-coach-thomas-robinson
I count 3 NBA lottery picks as juniors on that list, yes? Thomas Robinson at #5 (2012), Markieff Morris at #13 (2011), and Cole Aldrich at #11 (2010). Interesting.

Prentiss Hubb officially eliminated Wake today. Not surprising, but passing it on because some had asked about him.

Prentiss Hubb officially eliminated Wake today. Not surprising, but passing it on because some had asked about him.

Overrated. Gonzaga HS (in DC) best player is their PG Chris Lykes. He committed to Miami and is a baller. Will be nails from day 1. Hubb shoots a set shot and looked lazy when I saw him play. Would not want him.

Back