• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Would really like to land Bilau too. He’s the big left who has a ton of upside in my opinion. Plus we already have a lot of built in advantages.

Ody is a back end of the roster character big who will make the most of his opportunity. Pretty much a freshman version of Ikenna Smart.

I know we are laugh about rondale Watson, but that dude averaged 25 minutes a game on a NCAA tourney team last year and still has his senior year ahead of him.

Hendley was 240. Visser was 230.

Ha. If that were true, it would make Manning one of the worst game/team coaches that college basketball has ever seen. Need RChill to weigh in here.

1. It’s not true, though neither is the “Manning is a Bz level recruiter.”

2. I have no idea what the term game/team coach means. As a college basketball coach Manning has been bad. Squarely in between [Redacted] level atrocious and Dino/Skip level pretty good.

Point I was starting to make before I got distracted by that massive roster is that Doral Moore also wasn't a starter in his senior season of high school at Montverde Academy and played what seems like maybe five minutes a game.

I haven't seen him play, so I can't speak to if he's ACC material or if he will become ACC material. I'll need more than a couple minutes of highlight footage to be persuaded either way. I do know other ACC schools were getting in the mix and the staff was happy to get this one locked down now rather than have it progress deeper into the process.

The were happy to lock down Washington and Mitchell as well, so...

At least those arguments aren’t as inane as caring more about Manning’s “game/team” coaching abilities (would love a definition) than his college basketball coaching abilities.

I am pretty sure he was referring to a coaches ability to manage a game through reasonable lineups, substitution patters, use of time outs, strategic decisions, game adjustments, and areas of focus.

I am also pretty sure that I do not need to explain this to you but I will do it just this time.

Manning is pretty atrocious at all of the above. Now that he is recruiting 2-star athletes, there is no water left in the glass.

You got four coaches two of them have among the worst records in ACC play in conference history in the other two have over 500 records in ACC play in conference history.

What does KP say? If you don't use RC107 preferred metrics for success what's the point in even engaging in an argument.

Back