• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

does anyone know why EJ has been creeping down the rankings as his high school career has progressed? It looks like he started out as like a top 5 recruit in the class, slid down to mid-teens and seems to have settled around top 30-ish

does anyone know why EJ has been creeping down the rankings as his high school career has progressed? It looks like he started out as like a top 5 recruit in the class, slid down to mid-teens and seems to have settled around top 30-ish

It’s not unusual to slip some as other recruits emerge and develop.

Probably a consequence of guys who only played baseball before and then started focusing on basketball. You know, like . . .

ESPN wrote a piece on where every uncommitted T100 player might end up. http://www.espn.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=17923

E.J. Montgomery (No. 31): Montgomery decommitted from Auburn almost immediately after the FBI investigation was announced. He’s taking his time, and won’t sign early. Wake Forest, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Clemson, Baylor, Gonzaga, Georgia Tech, Wichita State, Mississippi State and others have shown interest.

Wake Forest listed first? makes you wonder.

Probably because they know is going to commit to Wake and are just getting ahead of the curve.

Wake was listed first in Borzello's tweet, too.

Love to add Montgomery if we could but FWIW I like Big Sam......he's not as athletic as some other guys but he has some refined big man skills around the hoop and very soft hands. If he grows up body wise, improves his fitness and sheds the baby fat we'll be fine with him, especially with Danny coaching him in his post play.

Kinda weird how folks were feeling better about SJM than Doral Moore at the end of last season, and now that seems to have totally flipped.

I was in the party that thought SJM would be better than Doral this year. Apparently, according to sources and PT, that is not the case at all. I’ll be happy I’m wrong if Doral is as good as people are thinking he will be.

I was in the party that thought SJM would be better than Doral this year. Apparently, according to sources and PT, that is not the case at all. I’ll be happy I’m wrong if Doral is as good as people are thinking he will be.

Is that the case or is SJM in the dog house for off the court behavior?

Has everyone signed?

I'm not sure that Lewis and Wright have signed yet, though I'm not that worried about it.

ETA: Wright just signed.

Last edited:
Back